Status
Not open for further replies.

Something I find comedic is this thing of "they got the most votes, so they and only they must form/lead government". Bullshit.

If no one gets 50% + 1, it's all up in the air, and the group that gets 50% + 1 first, wins. It is what it is.
They had a chance but negotiated like children, leaving the IFP waiting for 4 hours until they eventually gave up and left..

From today's Rapport (although I couldn't be arsed to scrounge it again to get article screenshots, so you can choose to believe me or not):
  • JS is eyeing to become the leader of government business (before you ask, yes, DP is usually that leader, although the Constitution says the President can have a Minister of his choosing fill the role). At the same time, ANC seeks to keep Mashatile as DP.
  • DA can get up to 7 ministries in the deal (so they'll get between 5 - 7 ministries).
  • PA is part of GNU, and it seems JS and Gayton have buried the hatchet.
  • ANC will approach PAC, UDM and GOOD to join the GNU
  • Anon ANC sources say ANC could offer water and sanitation, cooperative governance (split from COGTA, IFP would get the traditional affairs part), energy, and trade and industry to DA

Last edited:
Any bets of more looting/destruction in KZN?

uBaba going live at 4

Last edited:
From today's Rapport (although I couldn't be arsed to scrounge it again to get article screenshots, so you can choose to believe me or not):
  • JS is eyeing to become the leader of government business (before you ask, yes, DP is usually that leader, although the Constitution says the President can have a Minister of his choosing fill the role). At the same time, ANC seeks to keep Mashatile as DP.
  • DA can get up to 7 ministries in the deal (so they'll get between 5 - 7 ministries).
  • PA is part of GNU, and it seems JS and Gayton have buried the hatchet.
  • ANC will approach PAC, UDM and GOOD to join the GNU
  • Anon ANC sources say ANC could offer water and sanitation, cooperative governance (split from COGTA, IFP would get the traditional affairs part), energy, and trade and industry to DA

That is more positive than the Sunday Times briefing, which said that the DA would only get 2 Cabinet positions and 4 deputy ministers, which appears to be a poor deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back