ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...
It might sound ridiculous the way Gwede says it but that's exactly how it is with our current system, the simple fact is that the MPs are conflicted, remove the conflict and things should be better. As long as MPs jobs are at risk if they annoy their parties things will remain exactly as they are.

100% agree.... somehow MPs need to have that conflict removed from the equation, or there needs to be some sort of protection in place to enable MPs to exercise their oversight (there also needs to be something in place to force them to exercise that oversight as well though)

Priapus

Executive Member
And look, the Zuma era was a horrible time for SA and brought our country to the brink... But I think that if we implement all of the recommendations Zondo has made, then we would have truly learnt from our mistakes from that dark time.

I just worry that this whole commission will be for nothing. Yes, if we took on the recommendations; that will go a long way into fixing ****. But what are the chances we even do a single recommendation?

PrimeSteak

Executive Member
I just worry that this whole commission will be for nothing. Yes, if we took on the recommendations; that will go a long way into fixing ****. But what are the chances we even do a single recommendation?
Dunno, Ramadollar said he'll present the implementation plan in October, that's if he lasts that long...

Also, the only recommendation that might come quickly is the electoral reform part. Hopefully, the Committee for the Amendment Bill takes Zondo's recommendations and adds them to the bill... But then again...

PrimeSteak

Executive Member

sefeddt

Expert Member
That's why all the motions to dismiss him failed with elements calling it WMC, treasonous, Western backed etc Majority of those ANC are still in parliament or some other sphere of influence.

The natural conclusion is that, during this period, the most dominant political faction — the ANC under President Zuma — permitted, supported, and enabled corruption and State Capture.

As a kick to the gut Ramaphosa claimed he was against the removal of Zuma as it would be "disruptive" and said he always looked up to him as a leader.

President Cyril Ramaphosa did not support the premature removal of his predecessor Jacob Zuma from office and views the former president as his leader and elder in the ANC