The SABC has blown R150m on shows that never aired: reports

Beri

Expert Member
they are just showing a lot of cr@p now. show how cr@ppy was the ones that was rejected.

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
told parliament this week that they often have to buy trash programming as part of a content deal to get the shows that interest viewers.

But everything the SABC shows is trash! :erm:

Niren_M

When last did I watch something on SABC? Errr, cannot remember....
Bunch of loonies.

Tns

Executive Member
play the african game see how much you can enrich yourself before getting caught

MiY4Gi

Expert Member
I enjoy watching Scandal, but otherwise ETV shows better programmes.

Wag

Expert Member
Oh so thats where my tv license fee went...

WTF, you must be from another planet by still paying those farkers. I owned a small company with 42 workers. Only one lady is paying for a sabc license.

ActivateD

Expert Member
Another day in Africa another 100 million plus wasted.

I wish to know these shows they had to buy in bundle.Was it be Prison Break? The Event?

Kidkaroo

I enjoy watching Scandal, but otherwise ETV shows better programmes.

etv is a massive disappointment, if you don't like WWE wrestling or old sitcoms from the 80s (Steve Harvey show and Mad about you) then you're pretty much stuffed. They haven't shown a new movie on the "blockbuster Sunday" slot in years. I don' know how their advertisers allow it. If I HAD to choose between etv and SABC 3 then I'd go for the latter. Having said that, SABC should be "transformed" into a purely commercial company. No more taxpayer funded bail-outs for these incompetent parasites.

vzta22

WTF, you must be from another planet by still paying those farkers. I owned a small company with 42 workers. Only one lady is paying for a sabc license.
As much as I hate taking out from my hard earned cash to pay those suckers, I pay for tv license to avoid getting in trouble with the law. Whatever savings you're currently making for not paying your tv licence fees you will triple once you get caught. Legal fees will suck you! Count your luck on the f***ed system which does not have the capacity to deal with you and your 40+ workers.