The SABC will run out of money in 3 months

Newsfeed

MyBroadband Newsfeed
The SABC will run out of money in 3 months

The SABC will run out of money in March 2019, and there is currently a fight over proposed job cuts at the company.

Retrenchments of 981 permanent staff and 1,200 freelancers are set to take place as the SABC looks to turn around its poor financial state.

neoprema

Expert Member
Close it down, bury it and pour concrete over to make sure it can never come back from the dead!

evilstebunny

Honorary Master
Go get comrade Hlaudi, you know he's the only person that can fix this..

Daruk

Honorary Master
I have no issues with them running out of money, I have issues with them, Eskom, SAPO and the other paras getting my tax money when they can't deliver within budget.

InfidelGastro

Expert Member
Either the SABC restructures everything, and I mean everything, including all of the cheque collecting staff, which is probably 9/10's of the senior management, or face going extinct. I hope it's the latter. That SOE is nothing but a drain on the economy.

qscwbt

Expert Member
whoop whoop. So I would think this is awesome that this parasite is closed down. The promote the ANC. terrible programmes and a total waste of money. SABC can be replaced in a day.

The sad part is that government will continue bailing them out with our tax money. Do you think you not paying your tv licence, guess again. you will with tax money.

Fuzzbox

Expert Member
Fire the whole lot of them.
Not needed at all.
All they seem to care about is getting paid.
How about doing your jobs with 90% less staff.
Should have thought about the repercussions when playing 90% garbage and 10% quality.
Bongumusa Makhathini get real.
Run the business like a business and you wont need to be BAILED out every year.

CTPC

They should run out of idiots and cANCer fools to run it. Not to mention morons like Hlaudi
Close it and privatise a National broadcaster.

Quicks

The sad state of affairs in South Africa, every single SOE will run out of money or have already run out of money! The quality of leaders in SA is lacking and motivation to do the right thing is totally absent in this society and no one feels ashamed that it has come to such a deteriorated state of affairs that soon the economy probably will collapse due to short sighted people that only live for the now and not for what can be.

system32

Expert Member
Ndabeni-Abrahams told the board there will be no job cuts at the SABC and gave them “five minutes” to consider her instruction
Option 1 - Job Cuts
Option 2 - No Job Cuts + Taxpayers Money
Option 3 - Shut it down + 100% job cuts

I vote Option 3

hj007

The sad state of affairs in South Africa, every single SOE will run out of money or have already run out of money! The quality of leaders in SA is lacking and motivation to do the right thing is totally absent in this society and no one feels ashamed that it has come to such a deteriorated state of affairs that soon the economy probably will collapse due to short sighted people that only live for the now and not for what can be.
Zim used to have a huge public sector wage bill. Things went a bit ugly once the police couldn't be paid anymore. Govi doesn't fire people, it's voters that need to change the Govi. Will voters change the people in charge?

Dan C

Honorary Master
At least the Mzansi cricket will be over by that time, so I don't really care

Reactions: 3WA

Rainking54

Nice, close it down, then burn the piece of ****. The sabc, num1 anc broadcaster and bank.

HennieWelkom

can they still operate with the proposed job cuts? If so how could the management employ 2 000 unnecessary people?