The Satanic Temple's Protest for First Amendment Rights

Grant

Honorary Master
interesting:
VICE’s Charlet Duboc travels to Little Rock Arkansas to meet with Lucien Greaves and the members of the Satanic Temple to find out why they’re trying to install a statue of Baphomet in protest of religious freedom on the Capitol’s lawn.

saor

Honorary Master
Yeah.

Some of the showy satanic stuff can get irritating, but some of the core ideas driving this are interesting attempts at the dissolution of religion by showing that all are equally strange and a government that elevates one to a special status is erring on the side of madness. Be interesting to see how far they get this. Also interesting to see some of the top youtube comments:

As a deeply religious Christian, I actually kind of side with the Satanic Temple on this one. If Christians do not make room for the freedom of expression and freedom of religion of other groups, then we ourselves do not deserve to enjoy those same First Amendment rights.

maumau

Honorary Master
Intro sounds like Christian Death This is Heresy.

That's one gorgeous statue.

Video below might be offensive to some.

Last edited:

ekske1

Expert Member
Yeah.

Some of the showy satanic stuff can get irritating, but some of the core ideas driving this are interesting attempts at the dissolution of religion by showing that all are equally strange and a government that elevates one to a special status is erring on the side of madness. Be interesting to see how far they get this. Also interesting to see some of the top youtube comments:
I like this one better :ROFL:

1544973419792.png

context

saor

Honorary Master
They own the property rights to something that was used illegally.
I don't even know if they went ahead with the case, but even if they did - they're about to go up against some heavy hitters trying to get this pushed further. If they need the money for lawyers etc. and they can acquire it legally by suing some entertainment company for IP violation - why not?

ekske1

Expert Member
The mc'ing is actually kinda cool for a change.
Why not tho?
They own the property rights to something that was used illegally.
I don't even know if they went ahead with the case, but even if they did - they're about to go up against some heavy hitters trying to get this pushed further. If they need the money and they can acquire it legally by suing for IP - why not?
If you click on last page, last post its settled. In fact the xmass episode out a few days ago has the end credits updated. However imho, its still bible beating pettiness. Maar nou ja as hulle en ander mense wil anders glo, wie is ek om enige iets daarop te se.

In any case I prefer Éliphas Lévi Zahed version. Still this one looks good...