The Shroom Thread

krieg

Expert Member
Did my first "trip" this week end A++ 1.5g, but there was no trip. Had a perfect setting, sunrise at the beach, on an empty stomach.

Maybe some of my meds stuffed it. Although I did not take my anti depressants the morning.

My dealer keeps saying 1.5g is enough?

Just go 3g next time. Takes a while before you find out what your ideal dosage is.

GavinHRC

Did my first "trip" this week end A++ 1.5g, but there was no trip. Had a perfect setting, sunrise at the beach, on an empty stomach.

Maybe some of my meds stuffed it. Although I did not take my anti depressants the morning.

"it is recommended to taper antidepressant medication before engaging in any psychedelic therapy or usage. Moreover, since administration of serotonin agents within five weeks after the discontinuation of SSRIs has been shown to induce serotonin syndrome, it appears to be safer to wait for at least five weeks before using any psychedelic compound.
In addition to the risk of serotonin syndrome, the subjective effects of the psychedelic experience may be altered if psychedelics are combined with antidepressants. Anecdotal evidence suggests that the acute use of SSRIs, as well as chronic use of tricyclic antidepressants, can alter the subjective effects of psychedelics."

Vercogen

Expert Member
"it is recommended to taper antidepressant medication before engaging in any psychedelic therapy or usage. Moreover, since administration of serotonin agents within five weeks after the discontinuation of SSRIs has been shown to induce serotonin syndrome, it appears to be safer to wait for at least five weeks before using any psychedelic compound.
In addition to the risk of serotonin syndrome, the subjective effects of the psychedelic experience may be altered if psychedelics are combined with antidepressants. Anecdotal evidence suggests that the acute use of SSRIs, as well as chronic use of tricyclic antidepressants, can alter the subjective effects of psychedelics."
5 weeks without meds, I will go batshit crazy

LetsDance

Expert Member
Dosage depends on shroom types - golden teachers for example need at least 3g. Albino plus you can get away with 1.5. With an ideal dosage you will feel 'waves' coming and actually see those waves in your vision, looks like a sun dog and every wave is a pulse of pleasure.

copacetic

King of the Hippies

The amount of active compounds can vary wildly within a batch (were all the mushrooms from the same grow/flush, etc, not to mention the variability generally from strain to strain and within genetic lines within the same strain, etc).

My advice would be to procure at least 10 grams and grind it all into powder (to even out the distribution of the active ingredients) - From there, you can get a baseline (i.e. 1.5 grams does nothing, so as krieg said, in this case, try 3). Typically, 1 gram would be considered a threshold dose (depending on the strain, goes without saying), so unless you have something that is particularly strong it is entirely likely that 1.5 has the potential to do very little).

The important point here is to have a 'control' supply that you can test with, and titrate upwards as needed (and give it a week or so between tries).

Also recommended is to grind up the mushroom, and soak it in lemon juice for 30 minutes or so (this starts breaking down the psilocybin to psilocin, which speeds up the process).

RE medication, I have not noticed that it makes a significant difference, although it will depend what you are on; I've not noticed any significant reduction in play on various antidepressants over the years, although it is very likely that you will need a slightly higher than usual dose, compared to someone who is not on meds.

Also, be careful not to make a big jump - A strong trip, while an awesome experience, can potentially be a bit overwhelming.

mister

Executive Member
Shrooms are not psychedelics - I have never seen visions while on them. Sensations are enhanced along with euphoria, a profound sense of well being. If you overdo the amount of take you will get a profound sense of nausea and you will vomit.

5 grams of golden teachers after fasting for a week... I left earth :ROFL:

mister

Executive Member
Something else I've read and heard about countless times is the lemon tek method. I've never tried it myself, but I know the process is supposed to reduce nausea and potentially potentiate the experience.

I do the lemon tek method and it definitely helps me with the nausea.

wondergom

Anyone that is on reddit and would like to checkout our community we are building, please join if you think it's worth your time. Would love some input.

RanzB

Honorary Master

It could be that they weren't stored properly and have lost their effect.

WorldWarIII

Expert Member
It could be that they weren't stored properly and have lost their effect.
seem some horrible product lately, get a decent supplier

1g of most is enough to get something. AllaCabenza , 1g makes it feel like people are touching me

Defiler

they are the albinos. Man. LSD doesnt make me hallucinate... ...I saw little putty men hiding all over the house
Lol. I've never been brave enough to eat more than 2.5g of the albinos in one go, they pack a punch! They make my head feel like it's a weather balloon and my body is a sack of bricks. :laugh: I've grown them a couple of times, but I have never been able to get viable spores. I need to order some more spores and make a liquid culture this time around.