• You are losing out on amazing benefits because you are not a member. Join for free. Register now.
  • Big Two-Day Giveaway - Win an Amazon Kindle, a Mystery Gadget and Branded Gear. Enter Here.
  • Test your broadband speed and win prizes worth R5,000. Enter here.

The Silverton Dros Rape Case and Trial

thestaggy

Honorary Master
A witness says the suspect was sitting alone while he was watching the girl in the play area, and when the girl went to the bathroom he followed her.

A six-year-old girl was allegedly raped in the restroom of a popular restaurant in Pretoria on Saturday.

According to a witness who wished to remain anonymous, the man was “stalking his prey” while she was playing in the children’s area of Dros restaurant in Silverton.

The witness claimed the man was sitting alone in the smoking section, where he asked for a glass of water, saying he was waiting for a friend.

Shortly afterwards, the man moved nearer to the restaurant’s play area and started watching the girl, who was on her own.

Moments later, the child went to the bathroom and the man followed, the witness said.

“He allegedly snatched her from the female rest room, blocked her mouth and took her to the men’s rest room where he raped her.”

The child’s mother, who is apparently a regular at the Dros, noticed that her child had gone.

“We asked the child-minder where the child was and she said she had gone to the toilet.

“Her mother went to the rest room but did not find her child. She heard a noise in the men’s rest room and was suspicious.

“She tried to open the door but it was blocked,” said the witness.

The mother caused a commotion and the alleged rapist eventually opened the door.

“He was completely naked and so was the child, the witness said. “The child was bleeding from the groin.

“When some of the male customers saw this, they started assaulting the man.

“One of the managers locked the rest room door to protect the guy from mob justice.

“The child was rescued and police were called.

“There was a trail of blood in the rest room.”

Yesterday, Dros management refused to comment and hung up abruptly. On the second attempt, they asked that enquiries be made to Dros head office today.

Provincial police spokesperson Lieutenant-Colonel Lungelo Dlamini confirmed that a rape charge had been opened and the suspect was in custody.
Heard about this on the way home yesterday. What bothers me is why didn't the eyewitness say something? If you see something dodgy then speak up?

satanboy

Psychonaut seven
Why do parents think their spawn is safe in a restaurant play area? I recently witnessed a parent leave her kid in the outside play area (zero other kids around) and sit down for a relaxing lunch with her mates. Her back was turned to the play area.

We had a good laugh when the mother discovered later that the kid had escaped (fenced and gated play area) and was banging on the restaurant window.

konfab

Honorary Master
“We asked the child-minder where the child was and she said she had gone to the toilet.
There is the problem. These areas are not child safe, but the restaurants give people the illusion that they are, and parents are dumb enough to believe it.

Cr419

Executive Member
Why do parents think their spawn is safe in a restaurant play area? I recently witnessed a parent leave her kid in the outside play area (zero other kids around) and sit down for a relaxing lunch with her mates. Her back was turned to the play area.

We had a good laugh when the mother discovered later that the kid had escaped (fenced and gated play area) and was banging on the restaurant window.
Those are stupid people, I always sit where I can see my kids. My SO is especially paranoid wrt seeing the kids.

“When some of the male customers saw this, they started assaulting the man.
Good, hope they got the bastard good.

“One of the managers locked the rest room door to protect the guy from mob justice.
They should have gone for this manager next when he started protecting the SOB.

thestaggy

Honorary Master
I understand why he would've done this. You've already had one crime committed on your premises, not so keen on a second one I'd imagine as a bunch of angry men, some likely being fathers, would've probably left the POS in a mangled mess.

noxibox

Honorary Master
Those people don't deserve to be parents.
Being a parent involves accepting some risk. It's hard, but necessary.

They're lucky they weren't arrested. If they'd attacked the manager then they'd all deserve to face charges for assault. And if they'd seriously assaulted or killed the suspect then they also deserve to face charges. The manager did the right thing.

Eniigma

Expert Member
Geez, thats sick.

Oke should be shot or left for the mob.

Caught with his pants down, literally. No doubts, excuses or other possibilities as to what he was doing.

Hemps

Executive Member
I'm so glad I don't have daughters, this country has one of the highest incidents of rape in the world.
I would never want to raise daughters here.

smkungfu

They're lucky they weren't arrested. If they'd attacked the manager then they'd all deserve to face charges for assault. And if they'd seriously assaulted or killed the suspect then they also deserve to face charges. The manager did the right thing.
Ag please. If someone kills this guy, they deserve a medal. The manager acted like a little bïtçh.

Hellhound105

Being a parent involves accepting some risk. It's hard, but necessary.

Ah yes we get this mentality as well. Glad to know if I do anything wrong we have people like this protecting me. Slap on the wrist and perhaps a few years in jail.

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
Heard about this on the way home yesterday. What bothers me is why didn't the eyewitness say something? If you see something dodgy then speak up?
He probably only pieced together the sequence of events when he found out that a crime had been committed. He didn't know what was going on in the toilets.