The Silverton Dros Rape Case and Trial

theratman

Executive Member
Agreed. But you left out the part of the news media lapping it up, fanning the flames. Click, click, click ...
Which is exactly how they earn their revenue. News companies aren't charities. I'm not justifying it but clicks = money.

Swa

Honorary Master
I don't actually don't agree with you about Ponder. He's being defensive about the race bias subjectively, which incidentally you are as well, but objectively. I won't ask for a kiss and make up, but at least we all agree it's wrong and the perp was pond scum.
And he's going about it the wrong way. Seriously were those (I'm reluctant to call them people) there from the start of did they take advantage after it was reported? Then he also answers his own question by saying toilet rapes are a dime a dozen but can't actually come up with another case where a girl is raped in a family restaurant. For the same reason a poesklap in Spur will make the headlines where 100's of bar fights wouldn't. The exceptions, weird and unusual stuff is what makes the headlines where ordinary day to day happenings don't and it's got nothing to do with race. So should it not be reported if a victim is black and a perp is white? That would be no different than those who do the opposite.

surface

Expert Member
Earliest he will be back in court is the 8th of February.
https://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/alleged-dros-rapist-declared-fit-to-stand-trial-20190208
"
The 22-year-old man accused of raping a seven-year-old girl in the bathroom of a Dros restaurant in Pretoria has been found fit to stand trial.

This was revealed in the Pretoria Magistrate's Court on Friday, after the accused spent a month in Weskoppies Psychiatric Hospital, undergoing extensive evaluation.

The State said they obtained a psychological report as well as a psychiatric report by 3 psychiatrics and a psychologist and that the accused can stand trial.

The accused, who cannot be named until he has pleaded to the charges, was evaluated by a team of four experts, including psychiatrists and a clinical psychologist, as per a court order made in 2018.

The observation took place at a government psychiatric institution.

"

Swa

Honorary Master
The accused, who cannot be named until he has pleaded to the charges, was evaluated by a team of four experts, including psychiatrists and a clinical psychologist, as per a court order made in 2018.
He's already been named.

ponder

Honorary Master
Hopefully he doesn't. He needs to get what he gave. Hopefully he gets a massive one that tears his anus to shreds.
I don't see how more violence is gonna help. Is it also ok to happen to someone that was wrongly locked up, what do you say to that person?

Craig

Honorary Master
I don't see how more violence is gonna help. Is it also ok to happen to someone that was wrongly locked up, what do you say to that person?
Why would it be ok for a person wrongly locked up? And more violence won't help, but at least he will feel what the little girl felt. Might make him more emphathatic.

Craig

Honorary Master
Na. Your answer is always violence. Look at your post history. Sun is shining, get out a bit.
What makes you think I'm not out? I just believe that you should get what you give, and I especially don't like criminals. Like most rational south africans.

Mila

Honorary Master
What makes you think I'm not out? I just believe that you should get what you give, and I especially don't like criminals. Like most rational south africans.
I think we are all just so gatvol that it seems like the only solution at this point.

Mila

Honorary Master
The people who raised these kids and let them loose on society should be held accountable in some way

Last edited:

Mila

Honorary Master
You're assuming the problem is education.
Nope.
Education got f All to do with this.
Teachers are not suppose to raise your kids.
Parents that raised these people know something is wrong.
Do not tell me you rase a kid for 18 years live with him in the same house and do not know something isn’t right.

Swa

Honorary Master
Nope.
Education got f All to do with this.
Teachers are not suppose to raise your kids.
Parents that raised these people know something is wrong.
Do not tell me you rase a kid for 18 years live with him in the same house and do not know something isn’t right.
Yeah it's entirely possible but my point is more towards what are you going to do even if you know?

Mila

Honorary Master
Yeah it's entirely possible but my point is more towards what are you going to do even if you know?
You medicate it, put it in a home for disturbed people and for the love of the spaghetti monster do not let it be the neighborhood babysitter.
You institutionalize it.

Mila

Honorary Master
You do need to take some sort of responsibility for raising it.
Its either your genes or your parenting that ****ed it up.