The Silverton Dros Rape Case and Trial

supersunbird

Honorary Master
Firstly its the restaurant's fault. Dont they have the cctv to monitor, or they keys to unlock the door. Why are the bathroom (actual bathrooms locked.) Soo many flaws here. The owner of the restaurant should be charged with being an accomplice to the crime. Personally they deserve it. It's their responsibility to make sure that everyone is safe in their restaurant, but clearly they didnt. They decided to cut corners on their client's safety and this has now happened.

If it was my kid, then that criminal wouldnt have made it out of the restaurant. Nor any of the staff involved or the owner. They wouldve had to been fetched in body bags.

I can bet you sure as hell, that one of the staff is connected to that guy. But the owner, manager on duty and the criminal should all be charged together. That way this wouldn't happen again.
Daar is nie 'n pil vir jou siekte nie.

Radioboy

Firstly its the restaurant's fault. Dont they have the cctv to monitor, or they keys to unlock the door. Why are the bathroom (actual bathrooms locked.) Soo many flaws here. The owner of the restaurant should be charged with being an accomplice to the crime. Personally they deserve it. It's their responsibility to make sure that everyone is safe in their restaurant, but clearly they didnt. They decided to cut corners on their client's safety and this has now happened.

If it was my kid, then that criminal wouldnt have made it out of the restaurant. Nor any of the staff involved or the owner. They wouldve had to been fetched in body bags.

I can bet you sure as hell, that one of the staff is connected to that guy. But the owner, manager on duty and the criminal should all be charged together. That way this wouldn't happen again.
They have little to no responsibility to keep their patrons safe. You usually enter these places at your own risk and it is often indicated that you do so by n sign by the door. Unless, they were negligent in some way.

Yet, they seemed to be able to protect the perp - but not the little girl. Sad.

Last edited:

OCP

Expert Member
That's also nonsense. 6 is old enough for a child to pee on its own. Stop blaming the victim and unrelated 3rd parties.
Completely agree.

We might as well start the whole "woman should not wear miniskirts if they don't want to get raped" debate again then. (and no... please don't)

As a single parent with 2 young girls I have no skaam taking them into the ladies (no chance I will take my girls into the men's bathrooms).
Depending on the layout I will either wait outside or knock on door and shout that a little girl is coming in accompanied by her father.
So far I've only ever ha supportive looks and comments (not that it would make any difference)

Yes, they are both old enough to go in themselves (6 and 10) and don't need help; but there is no way I will let them into an area where they are out of sight / behind a closed with potential strangers.

Just like with many things in life - i would rather be safe (and at times over protective) than sorry.

Not going to blame the parent here but in SA you simply cant take chances...

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master

What a load of hogwash... the restaurant can't take any direct blame for this.

Where should the CCTV have been? In the toilets? Who monitors it? Who decides what is fishy what isn't fishy... would they have been able to respond in time to stop this event? All bathrooms lock if they're single use spaces...

So what if one of the staff is connected to the guy? Its not like they would have had anything directly to do with his choice to rape the little girl...

Your wish to see innocent parties in this incident charged is actually worrying.