The Silverton Dros Rape Case and Trial

Eniigma

Expert Member
Some of the comments here make me thing we're fusked as a society. Shifting the blame onto everyone and everything else.

It wasn't the restuarants fault,
It wasn't the child minders fault,
It wasn't the parents fault,
It wasn't the childs fault.
It was the sick **** who chose to stalk and assualt a little girl. Period.

Sure a whole bunch of other things could have been done differently to avoid it, but where do you draw the line? If you want to go down that rabbit hole, why even go out where your kid can be at risk.

Emjay

Executive Member
Firstly its the restaurant's fault. Dont they have the cctv to monitor, or they keys to unlock the door. Why are the bathroom (actual bathrooms locked.) Soo many flaws here. The owner of the restaurant should be charged with being an accomplice to the crime. Personally they deserve it. It's their responsibility to make sure that everyone is safe in their restaurant, but clearly they didnt. They decided to cut corners on their client's safety and this has now happened.

If it was my kid, then that criminal wouldnt have made it out of the restaurant. Nor any of the staff involved or the owner. They wouldve had to been fetched in body bags.

I can bet you sure as hell, that one of the staff is connected to that guy. But the owner, manager on duty and the criminal should all be charged together. That way this wouldn't happen again.
This is insanity. Do you even understand what you are advocating for? People have a personal responsibility for their own safety. You do not leave your child unattended with strangers. The mother was also a regular at Dros. Do you think she was there eating food?

Are you happy to carry the cost of armed guards, technology and people to monitor every square inch of the premises at all hours? That would require at least 4 people full time just to watch the CCTV cameras. By your own logic, every public place should be monitored. Yeah, I think parents who want a third party to babysit their children should cover those costs.

Emjay

Executive Member
*link removed*

Read comments section for rapists name.
Do you think it is wise to help spread the name of someone when there are others that share that same name? He is in custody. I suggest you edit it out of your post before someone innocent is hurt.

Where are the adults these days?

HunterNW

Expert Member
Do you think it is wise to help spread the name of someone when there are others that share that same name? He is in custody. I suggest you edit it out of your post before someone innocent is hurt.

For fcks sake - really ?

Emjay

Executive Member
For fcks sake - really ?
What are you going to do with that name? If a child rapist shared your name, or that of your brother or son, would you want that name out there in the wild for people and press to harass you? Would you want your colleagues, friends, old school mates making whispers about you behind your back? Do you understand how the public lashes out? The guy is in prison. What is some internet warrior going to do with the name?

No forethought or any sense. And that is why these things are kept out of the public sphere.

As een van jul dom fokkers weer rasistiese neigings het oor die saak wil ek net die hier los:

Poppie van der Merwe

Nou fokken shut up, dit het niks met ras te doen nie.

EDIT: of moet ek nog sake oplaai? Gert van Rooyen bv.
Why feel the need to post this in Afrikaans?

Kornhole

Blackburn Fan
Some of the comments here make me thing we're fusked as a society. Shifting the blame onto everyone and everything else.

It wasn't the restuarants fault,
It wasn't the child minders fault,
It wasn't the parents fault,
It wasn't the childs fault.
It was the sick **** who chose to stalk and assualt a little girl. Period.

Sure a whole bunch of other things could have been done differently to avoid it, but where do you draw the line? If you want to go down that rabbit hole, why even go out where your kid can be at risk.
I am with you . Places like the spur in fourways have cameras so parents can also monitor the kids while they sit. It's really just a bad situation for everyone .

Eniigma

Expert Member
*snip*

Are you happy to carry the cost of armed guards, technology and people to monitor every square inch of the premises at all hours? That would require at least 4 people full time just to watch the CCTV cameras. By your own logic, every public place should be monitored. Yeah, I think parents who want a third party to babysit their children should cover those costs.
Sounds like a great idea to help with the unemployment rate in the country

/s

HunterNW

Expert Member
What are you going to do with that name? If a child rapist shared your name, or that of your brother or son, would you want that name out there in the wild for people and press to harass you? Do you understand how the public lashes out? The guy is in prison. What is some internet warrior going to do with the name?

No forethought or any sense. And that is why these things are kept out of the public sphere.
Before you crap your panties - Did I post the name ? I'm sure another user posted it ? Just shared a news link, you don't have to read the comments section there..... And you ask where's the adults ? Go change your diaper.

rietrot

Honorary Master

Sharing any information isn't childish.

The adults can be responsible for themselves and what they do with that information.