The Silverton Dros Rape Case and Trial

Emjay

Executive Member
Sharing any information isn't childish.

The adults can be responsible for themselves and what they do with that information.
A reasonable adult will let the authorities deal with it, so why do we need to know? Do you not think that people who know the guilty party will not hear about his crime?

And we cannot determine the credibility of the person who provided the name? What if that is not even the guilty party?

supersunbird

Honorary Master
It does not occur to you that you are using the exact same narrative?
No it doesn't, my narrative is that there are sick ****s all round, no matter their skin colour. Wish we could find what makes people like this and fix it.

Still wonder is there are drug involved, if there isn't, even more scary.

rietrot

Honorary Master
Like attack the wrong people? Wait for a reputable news source to publish it after he has pleaded in court.
Ja. I can't nanny stupid people that do stupid things. I don't know if that's the right guy. I don't know how many people share that name. Use whatever information you find on the Internet at your own discretion like a responsible adult.

No it doesn't, my narrative is that there are sick ****s all round, no matter their skin colour. Wish we could find what makes people like this and fix it.

Still wonder is there are drug involved, if there isn't, even more scary.
I think I read that drugs were confiscated from the man at the scene.

ForceFate

Honorary Master
The owner or the staff isnt innocent. Let me point out why...

The witness claimed the man was sitting alone in the smoking section, where he asked for a glass of water, saying he was waiting for a friend. (All smoking sections has been banned by the government.)

“We asked the child-minder where the child was and she said she had gone to the toilet. (Its the job of the child minder to look after the kids, if she needs assistance she needs to ask one of the staff. She was negligent)

“She tried to open the door but it was blocked,” said the witness. The mother caused a commotion and the alleged rapist eventually opened the door. (The staff didn't assist her in trying to open the door. This wasnt for the cubicle but for the bathroom. There should be safety procedures in place that this cannot happen as per the Health and Safety Act. This was ignored by Management.)
What safety procedures in a toilet? A standard toilet already conforms to safety standards. Afaik, those safety doors used as emergency exits only open from inside, meaning it would've still been impossible to gain entry to the toilet with the door closed.

The next best thing would've been to break down the door, but the perp opened.

“One of the managers locked the rest room door to protect the guy from mob justice. (The manager caused further contamination of the crime scene, by allowing the criminal back in the crime scene. They seemed to be more interested in protecting the criminal than the victim. )

Seriously, due to bad decisions and ignoring health and safety regulations, this couldve been stopped sooner. What if the guy had strangled the girl during this process.

If you want to call it stupid. There is a reason for health and safety. Same with the Titanic. No way it would ever sink, so we dont need enough lifeboats. And guess how many people died due to this.

You may call it hoghwash, but this hoghwash will be used to charge the owner with negligence, and the staff involved with being an accomplice in the deed.
It was still an active crime scene when the manager locked the perp in the toilet (assault is a crime). In fact, by locking the toilet, I think he prevented contamination as the mob would've descended on the perp like a pile of bricks.

I doubt any charges against the restaurant will stick.

Last edited:

ForceFate

Honorary Master
The girl wasnt in the cubicle but the actual toilet room. The crime happened in the toilet room not the cubicle.
Yes, I'm well aware. Do emergency doors open from outside? The next logical step to take when a door doesn't open and someone behind the door is in danger is to break it down.

The manager did nothing wrong in this instance (my opinion).

The_MAC

Expert Member
You are deluded...

act like it never happened really
Really?

They have not put any safety measures to prevent this since
Like bouncers and armed guards?

The local store also isnt interested in dealing with this and refered everything to their head office, which clearly couldnt care less as to the safety of their patrons.
What any responsible corporate would do as a first and initial response.

So at least the good people noticed this, and ever since this, Dros is now being boycotted. Which is justifiably so.
Out of interest, where will the people in PTA go for a dop now, Spur is off the list, Dros is off the list?

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
So here is the thing. It happens and DROS announces it's business as usual at their restaurant, and act like it never happened really. They have not put any safety measures to prevent this since. The local store also isnt interested in dealing with this and refered everything to their head office, which clearly couldnt care less as to the safety of their patrons.

So at least the good people noticed this, and ever since this, Dros is now being boycotted. Which is justifiably so.

https://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/...-response-to-rape-of-6-year-old-girl-20180926
You are so deluded on this front...

You have absolutely ZERO clue how the real world works it seems...

Tman*

Expert Member
Some of the comments here make me thing we're fusked as a society. Shifting the blame onto everyone and everything else.

It wasn't the restuarants fault,
It wasn't the child minders fault,
It wasn't the parents fault,
It wasn't the childs fault.
It was the sick **** who chose to stalk and assualt a little girl. Period.

Sure a whole bunch of other things could have been done differently to avoid it, but where do you draw the line? If you want to go down that rabbit hole, why even go out where your kid can be at risk.
THIS x 1000

The only thing Dros is guilty of is writing a statement that isn't sympathetic enough.