The skills you need to become the CEO of Eskom

rodmur

Arthur

Honorary Master
I can't see any worthwhile CEO going for this position. It's one thing to report to the Board of a private or listed company; it's quite another to work in a bankrupt political football while reporting to a professional politician in a labourist government intent on cadre deployment, the violation of property rights, cronyism, and regressive early-20th C social and economic policies. Whoever takes this job needs her/his head read, and is by that fact alone manifestly incompetent.

krycor

Honorary Master
Now to see if the guy they appoint will even match it.. me thinks realistically the best appointment will be abroad but i don't see the ruling party allowing that.

ShaunSA

Derailment Squad
Yes because the previous CEO's all demonstrated so much skills :rolleyes:

eehellfire

Executive Member
I can't see any worthwhile CEO going for this position. It's one thing to report to the Board of a private or listed company; it's quite another to work in a bankrupt political football while reporting to a professional politician in a labourist government intent on cadre deployment, the violation of property rights, cronyism, and regressive early-20th C social and economic policies. Whoever takes this job needs her/his head read, and is by that fact alone manifestly incompetent.
What about the fat salary?

eehellfire

Executive Member
No "salary" or exec comp plan is worth the sacrifice.
I disagree.
You're pretty much guaranteed to fail.
Everyone is aware of this at the onset, so there are no surprises at the end of the contract when you have failed.
You're now a good few million Rand better off and can move onto a new job

Odracir

Expert Member
Now to see if the guy they appoint will even match it.. me thinks realistically the best appointment will be abroad but i don't see the ruling party allowing that.
Maybe they must employ this type of female.

WaxLyrical

Honorary Master
You need to be able to wear oversized shoes and pants held up with braces plus some white and red facial makeup and a wig.

Rocket-Boy

Executive Member
What about the fat salary?
That comes with the risk of destroying your credibility in the open market once the Eksdom job is done.
Its like Arthur said, the CEO is just a public figure, the strings are all pulled in the background.