The smartphones emitting the most radiation

Bradley Prior

MyBroadband Journalist
Staff member
Super Moderator
The smartphones emitting the most radiation

The German Federal Office for Radiation Protection has measured and compared the level of radiation emitted from modern smartphones when held to an ear during a call.

According to the data published on Statista, the smartphone which emits the most radiation during a call is the Xiaomi Mi A1, followed by the OnePlus 5T and Xiaomi Mi Max 3.

RazedInBlack

RazedInBlack
Go to the source of the data if you are looking for specifics. It's what I did. Statista just listed the ones with the highest radiation.

Speaking of which, we should find that dude who is into banning cellphone towers and show him this!
Ah thanks.

MoerseWasabi

I hate it when people don't specify which type of radiation. Phones emmit non-ionizing radiation (the relatively safe-er kind) and not ionizing radiation (the dangerous kind - nuclear). When the general public hears "radiation" they think of ionizing radiation and therefore would assume that phones are now seriously dangerous and would cause cancer.

bekdik

Honorary Master
If you use your eyes to detect objects around you, then you are suffering the same radiation.

FlashSA

Executive Member
Are you happy with the mi max 3?im considering MI Max VS note 7 pro
Love it. I'm a big guy with big hands so I got used to the size very easily. Same 2 to 3 day battery life as the Redmi Note series but with a much bigger screen.

ponder

Honorary Master
Meh not too concerned, got a chinese phone with all metal alloy frame and covers.

clof

I was wondering if higher radiation = better signal strength...

"A device with a higher SAR may have a better-quality antenna and thus better signal reception capability. With a better signal, it may emit less radiation than one with a low SAR value, but a poor-quality antenna."

From https://www.scienceabc.com/innovation/what-is-sar.html

sajunky

Honorary Master
I was wondering if higher radiation = better signal strength...

"A device with a higher SAR may have a better-quality antenna and thus better signal reception capability. With a better signal, it may emit less radiation than one with a low SAR value, but a poor-quality antenna."

From https://www.scienceabc.com/innovation/what-is-sar.html
Wrong. Better quality antenna should have proper radiation pattern. Meaning... radiating the world, not your head.