The Soul

Prawnapple

Expert Member
Question, do you believe in the soul, defined as such: "The soul, in many religious, philosophical, and mythological traditions, is the incorporeal essence of a living being." ?

Incorporeal meaning: "not composed of matter; having no material existence"

Yes or no. You are welcome to supply a reason if it's no. If it's yes, please provide a valid reason.

Gingerbeardman

Executive Member
Question, do you believe in the soul, defined as such: "The soul, in many religious, philosophical, and mythological traditions, is the incorporeal essence of a living being." ?

Yes or no. You are welcome to supply a reason if it's no. If it's yes, please provide a valid reason.
Clarifying question needed: Does time have material existence?

Ponderer

Expert Member

Yes.
A "soul" = a "consciousness".

OCP

Expert Member
Yes - quantifiable as per scientific study.

They hooked up people close to end of life and had very precise equipment measure their weight.

At the event of experation there was a consistent measurable variance in weight.

Except with gingers .... They clearly have no soul.

Prawnapple

Expert Member
Clarifying question needed: Does time have material existence?
Well, going by wiki, Time in physics is defined by its measurement: time is what a clock reads.[1] In classical, non-relativistic physics it is a scalar quantity and, like length, mass, and charge, is usually described as a fundamental quantity. Time can be combined mathematically with other physical quantities to derive other concepts such as motion, kinetic energy and time-dependent fields. I would say, yes. You can say it's physical when talking about time with regard to physics. How is this relevant?

rietrot

Honorary Master
Yes.

The law of conservation of energy. You have a "life force" that need to go somewhere.

C4Cat

Executive Member
No! But I do think it's likely there is more to us than just our biology and quite possible we have a 'soul' that survives death of the physical body.

Hellhound105

Expert Member
Personally, no.
Agreed,

Take a reasonably abled person with an average IQ. Now take a hammer and smash his/her brain up a bit.

See, the thing is now ****ed up. So is the soul/or whatever you want to call it ****ed up as well?

Or when the ****yup thing dies suddenly the soul is back to normal?

Gingerbeardman

Executive Member
Well, going by wiki, Time in physics is defined by its measurement: time is what a clock reads.[1] In classical, non-relativistic physics it is a scalar quantity and, like length, mass, and charge, is usually described as a fundamental quantity. Time can be combined mathematically with other physical quantities to derive other concepts such as motion, kinetic energy and time-dependent fields. I would say, yes. You can say it's physical when talking about time with regard to physics. How is this relevant?
Ok, so physical and material are considered synonymous in your view?

I'm trying to make sure I understand your meaning before I try to answer the question.

Last edited: