The Soul

Scary_Turtle

Expert Member
Your chirps might be more convincing/concerning if you didn't run away with your tail inbetween your legs the moment you were asked to give reasons for your moral conclusions without appealing to souls or other supernatural woo. :sleep:
Please see post 1352 (which you never answered) ;) and sometimes giving someone a day or two to think helps. Plus the video answers all the questions you had asked anyway why should I repeat it.

You keep wanting to go on about how moral the Bible is please show me where maybe use your 10 commandments thats always a fun topic.

Splinter

Honorary Master
You no able to read?
Oh, we getting into insult mode now?

You say this:

One version, but different interpretations.

This means that there is just one bible, but people interpret it differently.

Then you say this about the King James bible;

It's a particular translation (as to a version).

So, this means either there are different versions of the bible or you got it wrong. Which is it?

Ponderer

Expert Member
Oh, we getting into insult mode now?

You say this:

One version, but different interpretations.

This means that there is just one bible, but people interpret it differently.

Then you say this about the King James bible;

So, this means either there are different versions of the bible or you got it wrong. Which is it?
You no able to understand?

Splinter

Honorary Master
It seems your mind is more omnipotent than the god you worship.
You post makes no sense.
Anyway, let me explain it to you. According to you:

Your mind tells you that god is.

Your mind tells you which god is the real one (that is).

Your mind tells you which parts of the bible are relevant

Ergo, your mind is so powerful it made decisions about this supposedly omnipotent god of yours. Essentially you have created your own god.

Thus you > your god.

Ponderer

Expert Member

Ergo, your mind is so powerful it made decisions about this supposedly omnipotent god of yours. Essentially you have created your own god.

Thus you > your god.
Your reasoning makes no sense.

Gingerbeardman

Executive Member
Please see post 1352 (which you never answered) ;)
Saw it. Nothing in that post was relevant to the deficit I pointed out.

and sometimes giving someone a day or two to think helps. Plus the video answers all the questions you had asked anyway why should I repeat it.
The video doesn't answer any of my questions. There are many potential moralities out there, the question is why you think it's obvious that we shouldn't be mean to gays or eat people or fsck children or whatever have you, such that you don't have to explain why your morality is not merely something you inherited from the society you live within, which is still basically Christian.

You keep wanting to go on about how moral the Bible is please show me where maybe use your 10 commandments thats always a fun topic.
You can cry about how immoral the Bible is all you like, but if you're using the Bible to judge the bible, guess what, you're still using that immoral morality. The way to show that you're not using Biblical morality is to demonstrate the morality you're actually using.

Scary_Turtle

Expert Member
Saw it. Nothing in that post was relevant to the deficit I pointed out.
I was pretty much expecting this response ......
The video doesn't answer any of my questions. There are many potential moralities out there, the question is why you think it's obvious that we shouldn't be mean to gays or eat people or fsck children or whatever have you, such that you don't have to explain why your morality is not merely something you inherited from the society you live within, which is still basically Christian.
You know nothing about me I could have been brought up Buddhist in India with no Christian values. You have no proof that without your book people wouldn't kill or rape one another.

This by definition is an argument of ignorance.

Even if you could prove it you are claiming the good without the bad, which was my stance but I like giving people enough rope to hang themselves.
You can cry about how immoral the Bible is all you like, but if you're using the Bible to judge the bible, guess what, you're still using that immoral morality. The way to show that you're not using Biblical morality is to demonstrate the morality you're actually using.
No I'm using logic and empathy to judge the bible if I was using The Bible to judge the Bible I would say slavery is cool but maybe I shouldn't beat my slaves so hard. I'm saying slavery is Immoral which is against "the bible" or "word of god" pick your phrase.

Arksun

Expert Member

Thus you > your god.
I dont see why you're still entertaining a discussion with him. All he does is say stuff like "you're delusional", "you're wrong", "you dont make any sense", etc and flat out refuses to substantiate anything he says.

All you ever get out of him to back up his assertions is meanless tripe like "because it is", "as I am" and "my mind tells me its so". Seriously, how retarded does a person have to be to think "because my mind tells me so" actually holds water as an explanation for "you're wrong"?

Then he goes and asks a whole bunch of STUPIDLY RETARDED questions stemming from a complete lack of understanding wtf he's even talking about, thinking it pokes holes in your argument. The guy is as thick as a fecking plank.

You're wasting your energy on that one.