The Soul

Ponderer

Expert Member
I dont see why you're still entertaining a discussion with him. All he does is say stuff like "you're delusional", "you're wrong", "you dont make any sense", etc and flat out refuses to substantiate anything he says.

All you ever get out of him to back up his assertions is meanless tripe like "because it is", "as I am" and "my mind tells me its so". Seriously, how retarded does a person have to be to think "because my mind tells me so" actually holds water as an explanation for "you're wrong"?

Then he goes and asks a whole bunch of STUPIDLY RETARDED questions stemming from a complete lack of understanding wtf he's even talking about, thinking it pokes holes in your argument. The guy is as thick as a fecking plank.

You're wasting your energy on that one.
:ROFL:

Splinter

Honorary Master
I dont see why you're still entertaining a discussion with him. All he does is say stuff like "you're delusional", "you're wrong", "you dont make any sense", etc and flat out refuses to substantiate anything he says.

All you ever get out of him to back up his assertions is meanless tripe like "because it is", "as I am" and "my mind tells me its so". Seriously, how retarded does a person have to be to think "because my mind tells me so" actually holds water as an explanation for "you're wrong"?

Then he goes and asks a whole bunch of STUPIDLY RETARDED questions stemming from a complete lack of understanding wtf he's even talking about, thinking it pokes holes in your argument. The guy is as thick as a fecking plank.

You give me no credit, sir :)

Pox

Expert Member

Shhhhhh...you'll frighten the entertainment away.

Gingerbeardman

Executive Member
You know nothing about me I could have been brought up Buddhist in India with no Christian values. You have no proof that without your book people wouldn't kill or rape one another.
That wasn't what I claimed. And you are right, while you refuse to actually describe your position, I won't know anything about you.

This by definition is an argument of ignorance.
No, saying that you can't provide any evidence of your morality, and therefore concluding that you absorbed your morality by osmosis, is not an argument from ignorance. You were asked several times to explain yourself and you chose not to. After repeatedly failing to meet the challenge, I told you the implications of not being able to provide a response. Assuming the absence of something while you refuse to demonstrate its presence, is not an argument from ignorance.

Even if you could prove it you are claiming the good without the bad, which was my stance but I like giving people enough rope to hang themselves.
No, I am claiming that decrying the bad while still using the metric you are decrying is an exercise in futility.

No I'm using logic and empathy to judge the bible if I was using The Bible to judge the Bible I would say slavery is cool but maybe I shouldn't beat my slaves so hard. I'm saying slavery is Immoral which is against "the bible" or "word of god" pick your phrase.
You say you are against slavery, but you don't protest non-defaultable student loans, which is to say that I don't really take your claims of being against slavery very seriously. Plus, you didn't actually establish how slavery was endorsed by Christianity, whereas I established exactly how Christianity holds its standards to supercede the slave/master relationship such that the master is nevertheless expected to accord basic human dignity to their slaves. But you necessarily deny this basic human dignity because you reject the notion that humans have souls, which serves as the grounding for the concept of basic human dignity.

As for the claim that you are using empathy, you're really going to say that morality is determined by something as subjective as your feefees? Funny, though, I seem to recall someone saying that you should love your neighbour as you love yourself...

Scary_Turtle

Expert Member
That wasn't what I claimed. And you are right, while you refuse to actually describe your position, I won't know anything about you.
I have answered your questions the best I can (you didnt like the answers) while you have flat out refused to to give prawnapple answers and ignored my request for you to elaborate. I even gave you my stance three lines down.

Just a huh wtf are you on about
No, saying that you can't provide any evidence of your morality, and therefore concluding that you absorbed your morality by osmosis, is not an argument from ignorance. You were asked several times to explain yourself and you chose not to. After repeatedly failing to meet the challenge, I told you the implications of not being able to provide a response. Assuming the absence of something while you refuse to demonstrate its presence, is not an argument from ignorance.
Just ask a question and will answer it the best I can. I feel I have been pretty open but guess not ... you want to know where I get my morals from my parents, government, friends, from being a rational living human being etc is that good enough or are you going to reject this answer aswell? None of this proves your point that it is based on Christian morals and you can't prove it so yes it is an argument of ignorance. Can I stop addressing this now?
No, I am claiming that decrying the bad while still using the metric you are decrying is an exercise in futility.
See first response
You say you are against slavery, but you don't protest non-defaultable student loans, which is to say that I don't really take your claims of being against slavery very seriously. Plus, you didn't actually establish how slavery was endorsed by Christianity, whereas I established exactly how Christianity holds its standards to supercede the slave/master relationship such that the master is nevertheless expected to accord basic human dignity to their slaves. But you necessarily deny this basic human dignity because you reject the notion that humans have souls, which serves as the grounding for the concept of basic human dignity.
You are trying to tell me indebted servitude is like non-defaultable student loans to soften the blow of what the bible actually says, which is a load of BS. The bible on this point teaches you how to trick your slave into being yours forever.

What you are skipping is the part that when you are a slave an eye for an eye is gone, I can now take your eye but then I have to let you go, I can also beat you so much but as long as you don't die things are cool, That breeding kids to sell into slavery is ok. Missing all the bad because God, faith and belief but these are Gods words are they not.

is the above basic human dignity, this is literally the way you are softening the blow because the reality is too much for you to accept.

You established nothing and maybe you should do some reading
As for the claim that you are using empathy, you're really going to say that morality is determined by something as subjective as your feefees? Funny, though, I seem to recall someone saying that you should love your neighbour as you love yourself...
The only proof you have for God, belief and faith is your Feefees and he also endorses slavery.

Last edited:

Splinter

Honorary Master
Anyway, let me explain it to you. According to you:

Your mind tells you that god is.

Your mind tells you which god is the real one (that is).

Your mind tells you which parts of the bible are relevant

Ergo, your mind is so powerful it made decisions about this supposedly omnipotent god of yours. Essentially you have created your own god.

Thus you > your god.
No need to act dumb....

Scary_Turtle

Expert Member
@Scary_Turtle
What does "human rights" have to do with GOD?
What makes you think that GOD is primarily concerned with "human rights"?
You are starting to ask the right questions you are just asking the wrong person, it was GBM that was being sanctimonious and brought up human rights.

I will still answer

Human rights is all we have and anything going against them is wrong including the Bible (I'm assuming God = Bible if not see below)
You would have to prove God in order to claim he is concerned with anything.

Gingerbeardman

Executive Member
Just ask a question and will answer it the best I can. I feel I have been pretty open but guess not ... you want to know where I get my morals from my parents, government, friends, from being a rational living human being etc is that good enough or are you going to reject this answer aswell? None of this proves your point that it is based on Christian morals and you can't prove it so yes it is an argument of ignorance. Can I stop addressing this now?
Nope. A rational person would be able to give a rational justification that accounts for the existence of these morals instead of baldly asserting that they exist and that anyone who doesn't agree instantly loses the debate.

Calling me sanctimonious... :ROFL:

See first response
Ya, your answers are kak and don't make sense.

You are trying to tell me indebted servitude is like non-defaultable student loans to soften the blow of what the bible actually says, which is a load of BS. The bible on this point teaches you how to trick your slave into being yours forever.

The practice of debt forgiveness can be traced all the way back to the Old Testament.

In Jewish Mosaic Law, every seventh Sabbath year saw the wiping away of all debts, where creditors cancelled all the obligations of their fellow Israelites.

Every 49th year (seven Sabbath years) was the 'Year of the Jubilee' when freedom from all debt and servitude was proclaimed throughout the land.

Unlike modern notions of debtor distress, where default is seen as the result of profligacy or misfortune on the part of the borrower, Judeo-Christian traditions rested on the principle that both creditors and debtors had a duty towards God.
Seems to me that all you know are a couple of talking points that don't even address what the core practices of the Bible indicated.

True or false, Jesus declared the jubilee fulfilled within him? :ROFL:

What you are skipping is the part that when you are a slave an eye for an eye is gone, I can now take your eye but then I have to let you go, I can also beat you so much but as long as you don't die things are cool, That breeding kids to sell into slavery is ok. Missing all the bad because God, faith and belief but these are Gods words are they not.
Why do you keep trying to use the old testament to supercede the new testament? It's kinda cringey.

is the above basic human dignity, this is literally the way you are softening the blow because the reality is too much for you to accept.
Wtf does this even mean?

Basic human dignity is contingent conceptually upon the idea that every person has a soul. No soul, no grounding for the concept of basic human dignity. There's as much proof for its existence as the existence of God.

You established nothing and maybe you should do some reading
I've established you're full of it. And I'm not sure what some stupid citation link in wikipedia is supposed to prove.

The only proof you have for God, belief and faith is your Feefees and he also endorses slavery.
And also serves as the grounding for the idea of basic human rights, which you're still appear to be appealing to in order to justify your belief in morality. :D

Gingerbeardman

Executive Member
You haven't put him on ignore?

I won't debate with someone that refuses to say what their position is.
@Scary_Turtle may or may not be a waste of time. But talking to you is definitely a waste of my time. And of course you won't see this, but don't confuse treatment you get specifically with how I act generally.

Scary_Turtle

Expert Member
Nope. A rational person would be able to give a rational justification that accounts for the existence of these morals instead of baldly asserting that they exist and that anyone who doesn't agree instantly loses the debate.
Calling me sanctimonious... :ROFL:
Ya, your answers are kak and don't make sense.
Who taught you morals? Pretty sure your parents before the Bible so whos being irrational?
Yip
Sticks and stones
Yay glad you brought this up what does the bible say, every 50 years let your slaves free so if I'm captured and sold into slavery at 8 I get a get out of jail free card at 58 woohoo.
Seems to me that all you know are a couple of talking points that don't even address what the core practices of the Bible indicated.

True or false, Jesus declared the jubilee fulfilled within him? :ROFL:
I know enough to fight you on just about every point, I have read the bible once or twice ;) but considering you won't answer any of my (or anyone's) questions I just have to leave you hanging.
Why do you keep trying to use the old testament to supercede the new testament? It's kinda cringey.
is the word of God (or bible) wrong? is the Old testament the word of God?
Wtf does this even mean?

Basic human dignity is contingent conceptually upon the idea that every person has a soul. No soul, no grounding for the concept of basic human dignity. There's as much proof for its existence as the existence of God.
Great dodge claim stupidity

No: Human dignity, is the measure of ones self worth and has nothing to do with a soul. Do you know the difference between a fact and claim?

I've established you're full of it. And I'm not sure what some stupid citation link in wikipedia is supposed to prove.
You are focused on words people have told you instead of the facts so I pointed them out to you.
And also serves as the grounding for the idea of basic human rights, which you're still appear to be appealing to in order to justify your belief in morality. :D
Cool story and all prove it, you cant and back to argument of ignorance. :rolleyes:

Just to add I completely agree that talking to you is a giant waste of time, once someone has made a claim on the internet they will stick to it whether they are right or wrong https://jamesclear.com/why-facts-dont-change-minds.