The struggle to cancel a Telkom account

Eat my shorts

Love it how every Telkom fanboy aka Telkom mobile user says best everything....blah blah blah,

Then MyBB goes and uses a Telkom logo on a mobile to suggest it's allso Telkom mobile having cancellation problems

deweyzeph

Executive Member
One of the big problems with not being able to cancel a landline timeously if you are, for example, moving, is that the new tenants of the property will not be able to enable their own landline and ADSL account with Telkom at that property until the previous tenant's account has been cancelled. Plus there is the huge risk of the new tenants being able to make phonecalls and rack up a huge bill on the previous tenant's landline while waiting for the landline to be cancelled. It must be a huge problem.

I also cancelled my Telkom LTE month-to-month at the end of September.
If they try and debit me after the end of October I will have to reverse their DO.
Just waiting.

TELKOM IS THE MOST FRUSTRATING SERVICE PROVIDER- I WILL NEVER TAKE A PRODUCT WITH THEM AGAIN!

Ordered a LTE Product with them, Thereafter cancelled the product within the cooling period. Telkom has collected the product from me, I have received a confirmation from the online system of cancellation.

However I have been charged and invoiced for the last two months for a product I dont have!

Sihle2018

Over the past few months, MyBroadband has received regular complaints from Telkom customers who are having trouble cancelling their services.

These include ADSL and fibre customers who want to cancel their package, and LTE customers who want to deactivate their month-to-month subscriptions.

Over the past few months, MyBroadband has received regular complaints from Telkom customers who are having trouble cancelling their services.

These include ADSL and fibre customers who want to cancel their package, and LTE customers who want to deactivate their month-to-month subscriptions.
I submitted my cancellation online in May already as it was due to expire in June. Till today I'm being billed and I'm not getting straight answers from telkom. Some tell me that the cancellation order is "stuck" and numerous cases has been logged. I'm still waiting for someone to call me till this day. And calling the contact centre is a nightmare, you wait for almost 30 minutes to be connected to the next available agent!

Oli

Canceled my telephone line 2 months ago, paid the final bill, and it’s still not canceled. I pay manually, so I’m just going to stop paying the accounts now.

InfidelGastro

Expert Member
Tell me about it. I cancelled my landline/ADSL line in June, line was switched off in July. I paid my last bill in the beginning of August but yet Telkom sent me an invoice for September. I just ignored it, didn't pay it and I haven't heard from them since. I hope it stays that way.

groen_mamba

This article sounds very much based on my complaint on the forum in another thread. I really hope when Telkom says they are now dealing with cancelling these services they mean it. Cancelled my ADSL line in Jan 2018 and still waiting to get cancelled, still being billed.....

I've tried all of the options in terms of phoning, going to the shop, resubmitting my cancellation request NUMEROUS times, and every time I phone they don't have the paperwork, they will escalate the request, they will phone me back......I can't anymore with this useless company.

markian2001

I did 2 online cancellations in April (Ref: 23187830) & June (Ref: 23641849), received confirmations in May & July that it was resolved, but I am still being billed on a monthly basis. I then applied for Telkom fibre which was denied because of my o/s telkom bill. I then laid a complaint with the NCC (after ICASA told me it was beyond their jurisdiction), still waiting for a reply.

Telkoms excuses are BS! Go anywhere else in the world and an ISP will cancel your contract within a month irrespective of the channel used to cancel. I battled since the beginning of the year to cancel my LTE contract that had expired and only got it right last month. I used every channel possible to get it done.

This is exactly the reason why I am so scared of Debit Orders... Because they can't be stopped and cancelled indefinitely.

vNatius

I submitted my LTE cancelation Sep 2017 with Oct 2017 as my notice period. Many, many phone calls and emails later I was handed over to a collection agency in September this year.

They actually helped me get it canceled but I was listed on ITC as a slow payer so even now that everything is sorted I gave this to contend with....

How is Hellkom going to sort that out?

I cancelled my adsl connection back in February 2018. I had a credit of R880...I logged two cancellation requests, I emailed two different operators and got the read receipts, i logged two disputes and as of today, I “owe” telkom R5800....How is this possible when I did what was required of me? Lets add a bit of insult to injury, my credit profile has now been negatively impacted...What do I have to do in order to get things resolved?

I so look forward to the day when I get a call from the telkom attorneys! I am going to have a fun day!

mallies

I cancelled my services online in May and the service was terminated on the prescribed day in June. It was very simple and efficient. One thing to be aware of is the FINAL payment. It no longer reflects on the portal so it has to be manually paid!!

SeRpEnT

Expert Member
Services are cancelled, I am just waiting for the final bill which will probably be in November?
LOL. Ye of lotta faith.. Just because Telkom tells you your account is cancelled doesn't mean its really cancelled dude. This is Telkom you are dealing with. I was told several times before my account/service is cancelled. LOL. They WILL keep on billing you.

Goodluck. You will need it. ;)

I am also struggling with this. I took out the August big deal and received my deal and switched it on. However data was busy depleting without us even connecting and I decided 3 days later that this is not for me. I called and cancelled the service in every channel. I even went in store and everyone confirmed it was cancelled only to have a debit order going off at the end of the month and now this month received a statement again for the deal, but my deal was cancelled?????

I have called them 7 times and each time they confirm it has been cancelled but I am still being billed???

Now I am considering taking it further as this is unacceptable.