The systemic destruction of free speech and discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drunk Sincerity

I've been lurking the philosophical debate subforum for the last month or so. Yesterday I noticed that all the threads relating to Islam have been locked without reason.

Can any admin provide a reason for this?

If it is true that Allah / God works through man. Could it be that this supposed god cannot even defend himself on a philosophical debate subforum on a South African website? Are we so powerful here, that the very supposed god of Islam cannot even defend himself through use of his adherents and followers? Why would one want to worship such a pathetic deity?

Last edited:

Colin62

Executive Member
Why would one want to start a philosophical debate in the general off topic forum? Take your trolling back to where it belongs and stop bothering those who don’t want to go around in pointless circles forever.

Suspect99

Executive Member
I've been lurking the philosophical debate subforum for the last month or so. Yesterday I noticed that all the threads relating to Islam have been locked without reason.

Is this perhaps because of what a wise man once said: "Islam cannot successfully defend itself from critical scrutiny, so the alternative is to silence, and its usually done in force.".

If it is true that Allah / God works through man. Could it be that this supposed god cannot even defend himself on a philosophical debate subforum on a South African website? Are we so powerful here, that the very supposed god of Islam cannot even defend himself through use of his adherents and followers? Why would one want to worship such a pathetic deity?
Wonder who's clone this is?

Reactions: STS

Drunk Sincerity

Why would one want to start a philosophical debate in the general off topic forum? Take your trolling back to where it belongs and stop bothering those who don’t want to go around in pointless circles forever.
Who said anything about debating?

Because he doesn't have the post count for PD, reported.
Still not a debate.

Wonder who's clone this is?
Not a clone sir.

Reading the op,
Sure, free speech is paramount... but the moderators have the option to block you if you're being an antagonizing *******.
It's called moderating.
Nobody was being antagonizing in those threads.

Urist

Expert Member
It helps if you think of religion and sience&logic as being 2 entirely different independent domains.

Drunk Sincerity

Trolling is not debating, it's begging for a beatdown.
Nobody was trolling either. It seems to have been considered trolling once the Muslims couldn't stand up against the scrutiny and criticism.

How about ignore the fact OP has 3 posts and consider the question.
Currently 4 locked threads:
https://mybroadband.co.za/forum/forums/philosophical-debates.149/

Unless they all happened to devolve into a shitstorm overnight.
Thankyou, somebody with some sense!

Prawnapple

Expert Member
Unless @Prawnapple and @FrankCastle are one and the same :unsure:
lol thanks for bringing this to my attention. I can confirm this isn't my account. However. @OP - Perhaps you should take this to Philosophical Debate forum? I'd be more than willing to join in on that debate, but fear it will just be deleted. As @ShaunSA has mentioned, I've already raised this point in another thread in "general" as well as in:
MyBB Feud of the Year 2019

isie

Honorary Master
How about ignore the fact OP has 3 posts and consider the question.
OP has 1 Joined in Feb 2019 1 post in Aug 2019 - and the rest of those 3 or 4 are in this thread.
Seems like a back up account.

The Mods (at least those still with us) have never been Pro Islam I've seen thread stay open that have had worse things said about Islam (or any religion for that matter).

Currently 4 locked threads:
How does 4 become all - can the OP not count? Unless it's all he participated in.

https://mybroadband.co.za/forum/forums/philosophical-debates.149/

Unless they all happened to devolve into a shitstorm overnight.
I Think that's the reason they got locked.
Sermonising and Trolling.

OP is clearly a clone account now building up posts because the main account has received warnings and is close to being banned. -Been here long enough to see this occur time and time again.

Status
Not open for further replies.