The "The Grand Tour" Thread

FiestaST

Honorary Master
James May is Washed Away by His 'Leaking' Caravan | The Grand Tour: Lochdown

mjzar

they are all the same. its sad :(
Do you mean like predictable, a bit too fabricated? I'm guessing
The last special I didn't enjoy at all didn't even watch the whole ep. Would rather watch old TG reruns
I haven't seen this yet.. will watch it this weekend probably

Hamster

Resident Rodent
"Our job was not to steal somebody's house and deep fry everything we can find." :ROFL:

Hamster

Resident Rodent
That's the highlights package really. I don't get the ending, maybe I'm too tired.

Anyway, let's hope their next special (if there is going to be one) is done after COVID restrictions have lifted. Madagascar was better than this.

Not their most spectacular but had some good laughs in it. JC and the caravan, RH and the boat were clearly just **** ups.

Was way closer to top gear than grand tour and I enjoyed it much more than Madagascar.

Jeremy seemed to be having proper fun, evident in the farm too, the other 2 were going through the motions.

FiestaST

Honorary Master
403. Aye enjoyed it hey, good old school factor, good comedy, good chemistry & banter, interesting setup & setting, all in all I was sold.

Readsalot

Expert Member

Hamster

Resident Rodent
the other 2 were going through the motions

Clarkson is the superstar. Without him the "car show" is dead. James May is great in his own shows though: Our Man in Japan, Oh My Cook!

It's Hammond going through the motions. I can't think of a single decent dhow he's done without involving one of the other two:

- Total Wipeout ...a snore fest compared to the US version

- The stuck on an island thing with the Myth Buster guy ...just fake yelling all the time

Im sure there is something but I just can't think of it.

Anyway, Clarkson's Farm, Oh My Cook, Our Man in Japan - all better than Lochdown and really really entertaining :)

wizardofid

Executive Member
Clarkson is the superstar. Without him the "car show" is dead. James May is great in his own shows though: Our Man in Japan, Oh My Cook!

It's Hammond going through the motions. I can't think of a single decent dhow he's done without involving one of the other two:

- Total Wipeout ...a snore fest compared to the US version

- The stuck on an island thing with the Myth Buster guy ...just fake yelling all the time

Im sure there is something but I just can't think of it.

Anyway, Clarkson's Farm, Oh My Cook, Our Man in Japan - all better than Lochdown and really really entertaining :)

Have you seen Hammond in engineering connections ?? That was actually pretty good. ?

Hamster

Resident Rodent
Have you seen Hammond in engineering connections ?? That was actually pretty good. ?
I'll file that under the ones I cannot think off/do not know about.

I don't follow these guys religiously, I just watch their shows as they pop up on the streaming channels and the Hammond ones (well one) aren't that great.

FiestaST

Honorary Master
"The Worst Thing James May Cooked Whilst Filming Was..." | The Grand Tour Presents: Lochdown