The Top Gear Thread (Post JC; RH & JM)

FiestaST

Honorary Master
2603. Some good moments & some less so.

The Continental GT review by Matt & Chris was cheesy af, was going to dismess the segment until Chris rolled up in the Speed 8.

Rory's take on the Megane RS was pretty decent, bonus points for the RS lineage shown.

Chris' review of the 911 GT2 RS was some truly excellent work, everything was on point. The Stig lap at the very end sealed the deal for me.

Dave

Honorary Master
2603. Some good moments & some less so.

The Continental GT review by Matt & Chris was cheesy af, was going to dismess the segment until Chris rolled up in the Speed 8. fast forwarded most of it

Rory's take on the Megane RS was pretty decent, bonus points for the RS lineage shown. agreed

Chris' review of the 911 GT2 RS was some truly excellent work, everything was on point. The Stig lap at the very end sealed the deal for me. fast forwarded again
My take in red.

FiestaST

Honorary Master
2604. Second Hand Luxury Car Challenge. Honestly it was a slog. The three of them are just so far of the mark of the other trio is staggering. This is Ito entertainment value. Worse episode of the Season so far.

A big part of the challenge was an endurance challenge. When old TG had that 330d endurance challenge that was a hella watch this pales in comparison.

Dave

Honorary Master
2604. Second Hand Luxury Car Challenge. Honestly it was a slog. The three of them are just so far of the mark of the other trio is staggering. This is Ito entertainment value. Worse episode of the Season so far.

A big part of the challenge was an endurance challenge. When old TG had that 330d endurance challenge that was a hella watch this pales in comparison.
To me is was one of the better episodes, it was the first episode this season I’ve watched without using the fast forward button,

eg2505

Honorary Master

what is there even to watch?, was so boring and just a snooze fest,
just 3 guys doing their own thing, and got no chemistry.

watching paint dry is more entertaining.

Dave

Honorary Master
what is there even to watch?, was so boring and just a snooze fest,
just 3 guys doing their own thing, and got no chemistry.

watching paint dry is more entertaining.
It doesn’t sound like you even watched it from the generalities in your post.

eg2505

Honorary Master
It doesn’t sound like you even watched it from the generalities in your post.
actually didnt waste my time with the rest of the series,

watched 1st episode, with the suzuki ignis and the fiat panda,
was so silly and pointless, and very very boring. just didnt even bother watching more.

like that test of a range rover up a Scottish mountain done by JC, compare it to that,
much more entertaining, Chris harris seems like he trying desperately to be Clarkson, but fails miserably.

I guess new top gear is dead, and buried deep under the sand.
might as well save a few bob and go home,

Dave

Honorary Master
actually didnt waste my time with the rest of the series,

watched 1st episode, with the suzuki ignis and the fiat panda,
was so silly and pointless, and very very boring. just didnt even bother watching more.

like that test of a range rover up a Scottish mountain done by JC, compare it to that,
much more entertaining, Chris harris seems like he trying desperately to be Clarkson, but fails miserably.

I guess new top gear is dead, and buried deep under the sand.
might as well save a few bob and go home,
Really interesting that you can critique something you haven’t even watched though...

FiestaST

Honorary Master
2605. Season Finale. Only 5 episodes this season!

Feels like "leftover" episode, whatever was left for S26 was thrown in here.

Matt's take on the new Vantage was ok, nothing memorable.

Rory's take on the new RR Phantom was slightly better.

Chris' take on the new Fiesta ST was top notch. Lots of elements flowed together. Well put together piece.

At the very end of the episode is a preview of S27 complete with the major revamp.

FiestaST

Honorary Master
The First Teaser For the Latest Top Gear Reinvention Has One of the New Guys Nearly Kill the Other Two

It hasn’t even been 24 hours since the final episode of Season 26 of Top Gear aired, the last one with Rory Reid and Matt LeBlanc returning as full-time hosts, and the BBC is already teasing the next season with Chris Harris and two other guys.

I haven’t finished getting through my screeners of the latest season of the show, which just wrapped on the BBC this weekend but won’t be on BBC America until April 25, and I already have to process my feelings for the two new hosts in this teaser for Season 27:

The clip shows Harris, who you should know, and new-to-the-show comedian Paddy McGuinness being driven by former cricketer Andrew “Freddie” Flintoff in a 1995 Daimler hearse.

https://jalopnik.com/the-first-teaser-for-the-latest-top-gear-reinvention-ha-1833383077

eg2505

Honorary Master
BBC might as well stop wasting peoples money and time and do something useful,

like go and use the money for top gear for a new organically grown ethnically sourced electric bicycle startup,
that assists old people and feminists.

or some other not very interesting politically correct rubbish.