The Top Gear Thread (Post JC; RH & JM)

eg2505

Honorary Master
Lol deep hatred there @eg2505
I suppose its they trying too hard, and cant decide what they want to do.
(did you watch how JC and the original trio reacted to what "new" Top gear is like?)

entertainment show?comedy with cars? factual show about cars?
celebrity show involving cars?

or just a way to regain those lost viewers who moved on to streaming, and dont use a TV anymore.
I get they are trying, but people have moved on , and they cant seem to do that,
they got rid of the golden goose, and now they sit and suffer.

so go any be all PC and do something else there, like make a garden with old cars,
or something like a meeting about organic peace beans,

while the rest of the world does something else, and move on.

puzaw

I suppose its they trying too hard, and cant decide what they want to do.
(did you watch how JC and the original trio reacted to what "new" Top gear is like?)

entertainment show?comedy with cars? factual show about cars?
celebrity show involving cars?

or just a way to regain those lost viewers who moved on to streaming, and dont use a TV anymore.
I get they are trying, but people have moved on , and they cant seem to do that,
they got rid of the golden goose, and now they sit and suffer.

so go any be all PC and do something else there, like make a garden with old cars,
or something like a meeting about organic peace beans,

while the rest of the world does something else, and move on.
Goodness, your post makes me fall asleep...do you ramble incoherently in real life too?

Dave

Honorary Master
Goodness, your post makes me fall asleep...do you ramble incoherently in real life too?
That’s just eggy for you, he loves to ramble on (usually without a great deal of basis in fact), he can dislike something and post a critique without even watching it ;).

puzaw

That’s just eggy for you, he loves to ramble on (usually without a great deal of basis in fact), he can dislike something and post a critique without even watching it ;).
Ramble is actually an understatement in his case, but he soldiers on! :ROFL:

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
I have come to the realisation that I absolutely cannot stand that Sabine Shits woman. FFS! The show would actually be watchable entertainment with that thing on it.

FiestaST

Honorary Master
^ personally for me first impression seems to indicate I will find it a bore. I'll give it a flutter though.

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
Hmmm looks like they're still trying to recreate the magic between JC, RH and JM.. and failing.

Make Top Gear a show about decent cars with decent tests... maybe just give Chris Harris the job of reviewing the cars properly....

Rabobi

Executive Member
I skipped the last few episodes from previous season. Boriiinnngggg

FiestaST

Honorary Master
The Latest Reinvention of Top Gear Is Screaming. A Lot of Screaming

I have completely lost track of which “new” version of the BBC’s Top Gear we’re on, but Matt LeBlanc and Rory Reid are no longer full-time hosts, and they’ve been replaced by two random presenters who I can’t even understand because they’re always screaming.

The latest trailer for the upcoming season shows what we can expect from the latest assembly of hosts, with comedian Paddy McGuinness and cricketer Andrew “Freddie” Flintoff now joining Chris Harris throughout a series of death-defying stunts, torturous challenges and global adventures that Top Gear is now known for:

https://jalopnik.com/the-latest-reinvention-of-top-gear-is-screaming-a-lot-1835063206

craiglotter

Looks good, looking forward to it. He was okay, but I didn't think LeBlanc brought enough energy for the show. They've got to try and win over a new, younger audience. Fans of the Clarkson trio are almost impossible for Top Gear to ever really get back.