The Top Gear Thread (Post JC; RH & JM)

FiestaST

Honorary Master
2701. Season opener. Honestly these two new jokers, Paddy McGuiness and Freddie Flintoff, are bland & just try to hard & unfortunately they drag, the generally good, Chris down this rabbit hole.

Core episode was an Ethiopian adventure in First Cars. It seemed to drag on & on.

Chris' take on the Ferrari 488 Pista & the McLaren 600LT was great watch though.

No "star section" today, thankfully.

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
This was theé best Top Gear episode ever! And I do still love Clarkson travelling past the moons of Jupiter to not drive a Vectra.

OMW - just finished it now, it is brilliant. They can take this way beyond the Clarkson era of fame - and even the era before.

Jaws677

I literally couldn't watch more than 10minutes before switching back to Peppa pig for my 3year old kid which I also found more entertaining.

dw...

Other opinions about the season opener?
It was a bit bland and some of the humour was forced, but I did laugh once or twice. Maybe they will get better when they have worked together for a while.

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
I will give this a watch, but honestly I think Top Gear needs a rethink and possibly to move back towards more of a real car show with Chris at the helm and lose the attempted humour..

FiestaST

Honorary Master
I will give this a watch, but honestly I think Top Gear needs a rethink and possibly to move back towards more of a real car show with Chris at the helm and lose the attempted humour..
Their "attempted humour" is garbage. They tried before. That ship last sailed with Jezza & the gang. A new less forced, less copycat approach is needed.

Additionally they are not even playing with their strengths. 2701 didn't even show footage of Stig taking the Pista (Pasta) around the track. They left for it YT, dafaq?

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
Their "attempted humour" is garbage. They tried before. That ship last sailed with Jezza & the gang. A new less forced, less copycat approach is needed.

Additionally they are not even playing with their strengths. 2701 didn't even show footage of Stig taking the Pista (Pasta) around the track. They left for it YT, dafaq?
Yeah... thats kind of where I would be going with it..

Make the show about reviewing and testing cars that the average man can't achieve... but do the job bloody well. Stop trying to be funny with segments, but instead use people who are down to earth like Chris who can convey the experience to the average man. That would be a show I would watch....

eg2505

Honorary Master
It was a bit bland and some of the humour was forced, but I did laugh once or twice. Maybe they will get better when they have worked together for a while.
not likely, the BBC with its PC Trash will kill any good jokes these 3 place-mats will come up with.

tog gear has sailed off into the sunset, anything else will just be a cheap imitation but not the real thing.
BBC might as well put a few YouTube videos together and call it a day, they clearly cant put together a decent show since Andy Wilman left.

suppose just like the SABC locally, all the Talent has gone elsewhere, and left their employ for bigger and better things.
TV broadcasting seems to be a dying breed, made by people who don't adapt to the newest technology (streaming).

what Clarkson said in one of his interviews seems to be coming true,

justplain

Expert Member
quite enjoyed it.
Top Gear of old is long gone. It's a new show now.
For the die hards, The 3 stooges will still make the Grand Tour.
I'm all for it., bring on the next episode.