The Top Gear Thread (Post JC; RH & JM)

FiestaST

Honorary Master
2802. Another solid episode.
In particular the McLaren Speedtail review was done well. The review & the small challenge that followed. What a machine.

The Cheap Off-Roader challenge was a decent enough watch, it tended to drag a bit but not bad as the earlier ones.

Dave

Honorary Master
The Pontiac drag race scene in tonight's episode is one of the funniest things that's been on TG for a loooong time.

FiestaST

Honorary Master
2803. Entertaining episode. The American Cars in Peru challenge was pretty well done with lots of laughs.

The Taycan review by Chris was a great watch as well. Seems like it really moved the EV game on, mostly due to it's 800V architecture.

millennia

2803. Entertaining episode. The American Cars in Peru challenge was pretty well done with lots of laughs.

The Taycan review by Chris was a great watch as well. Seems like it really moved the EV game on, mostly due to it's 800V architecture.
I almost wet myself when Paddy pulled away as he warmed up before the drag race :ROFL:

FiestaST

Honorary Master
2804. Bit of a mixed bag with some good moments.

The Racing the Baja 1000 segment had potential but due some factors out of their control it was a bit of a letdown.

The Star section was rubbish (as usual).

The Mégane RS Trophy R insert was really good and the ensuing drag race & shootout.

Dave

Honorary Master
2804. Bit of a mixed bag with some good moments.

The Racing the Baja 1000 segment had potential but due some factors out of their control it was a bit of a letdown.

The Star section was rubbish (as usual).

The Mégane RS Trophy R insert was really good and the ensuing drag race & shootout.
5/10 from me, just a bit boring.

FiestaST

Honorary Master
2805. So so episode.

The Best Exotic European Sports Car challenge was decidedly average, nothing particularly memorable. More long winded than anything else.

The VW I.D. R insert was really interesting if a little short.

FiestaST

Honorary Master
2806. Good all-round season closer.

Paddy's M8 review was pretty enjoyable, some valid points raised.

The Colin McRae tribute was quality & highly informative. Chris was clearly moved. What a driver!

The Fastest Emergency service challenge was an enjoyable watch as well. Especially lovely seeing the Suzuki Liana after many years & the Chris Evans references was definitely worth a few laughs.

All in all S28 was a success in my book. I feel the show has finally got the formula & chemistry nailed down.

/waits for S29.

Screenshot_20200302_162445.jpg

3Gee

Expert Member
Do people still watch Top Gear. I gave up after watching the first episode of the latest season.