The Top Gear Thread (Post JC; RH & JM)

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
I watched the last two episodes on Saturday, good season. I might even start to like this more than what Clarkson is up to now.

Dave

Honorary Master
I watched the last two episodes on Saturday, good season. I might even start to like this more than what Clarkson is up to now.

I'm not so sure, I got around to watching the Mongolian special from TGT and it shows the difference in humour, while I enjoyed the last season of TG it still wasn't quite up to the C/H/M levels of interaction and comedy.

FiestaST

Honorary Master
Top Gear TV has started filming again at Alton Towers

Paddy, Freddie and Chris gear up for the next series with an EV race

Top Gear telly has resumed filming for the next series, with Paddy, Freddie and Chris taking a trio of diddy EVs around a specially constructed maze.

The location of said maze? Why, Alton Towers, which – though currently closed due to obvious reasons – celebrates its 40th anniversary this year. And because of those Obvious Reasons, Paddy came up with a highly innovative approach to the whole social-distancing thing. A two-metre stick with boxing gloves on both ends.

So, in the EV corner, we have the new Honda E, Mini Electric and Vauxhall Corsa-E, while in the TG corner, we have Paddy, Freddie and Chris, and a bunch of rollercoasters. “I’ve always dreamed of having a theme park to myself for the day, although these aren’t necessarily the circumstances I’d have chosen,” Paddy said.

alton_11.6.20_leebrimble_press_090_v1.jpg Screenshot_20200612_200543.jpg

FiestaST

Honorary Master
Top Gear Host Paddy McGuinness Crashes A Lamborghini Diablo During Filming

On Tuesday afternoon the Top Gear hosts, Chris Harris, Paddy McGuinness, and uh, hang on, I have to look up the third one. Ah, right, Andrew Flintoff. Anyway, the three of them were driving through North Yorkshire driving some iconic 1980s and 1990s supercars. In the process of the production, McGuinness chucked his Lamborghini off the road and caused a good amount of damage to the car. Thankfully he was not harmed in the crash, but he might be once the owner of the Lamborghini catches up to him.

The crash happened on the B6255 near Ribblehead, according to local police, which sounds like a totally made up place to me. According to bystanders, the weather in the area was pretty dry, but the road was still damp in places. Based on photos from the scene, it looks like the car ripped up its front and rear bumpers, and possibly backed into a fence post. None of this looks like the result of a massive shunt, just a poorly judged bit of driving in inclement weather in an unforgiving car. It happens to the best of us, no?

The Top Gear boys have only been back to filming since the 11th of June, so maybe they’ve got some cobwebs to shake off.

A BBC spokesperson told express.co.uk “During Top Gear filming in North Yorkshire today presenter Paddy McGuinness’s car skidded and left the road, coming to an almost immediate stop.

“Paddy was quickly taken to the production unit base for medical checks and is unhurt. No other vehicles were involved and the Police, who had been monitoring filming, were quickly on the scene to assist.

“Safety on Top Gear is always the production team’s priority and the vehicle’s speed at the time was within the road’s limit of 60mph.”

6630DF9F-312E-4676-8DC9-9F33F546EB93.jpeg EC13957E-2680-4659-A6C3-103FE7896420.jpeg D16D58E4-0E2C-4CDF-8AF8-1F2BDA26CB4B.jpeg 7AEDB683-1933-4AC8-B910-191E72BF7C35.jpeg

FiestaST

Honorary Master
Richard Hammond reveals scenes that never made it onto Top Gear - DriveTribe

FiestaST

Honorary Master
Richard Hammond reveals the massive plans he has for Oliver - DriveTribe

FiestaST

Honorary Master
Top Gear TV is back, with a drive-in movie twist

Filming of series 29 nears completion in front of a live, distanced audience

Exhausted every streaming service in lockdown, and desperate for something new to watch? Well breathe a sigh of relief, because Top Gear is back soon. And in its new home on BBC One.

It’s been filmed in front of an audience, too, but with a new, socially distanced twist. Yep, Top Gear’s turned into a drive-in, and the images above show a) that every TV should be filmed in front of a Boeing 747 and b) you lot have a truly diverse selection of cars. A BMW Z1, a Ferrari 550 Maranello, a pink Aygo… we’re on board with most of them.

Still filmed at Dunsfold – just outside of the hangar, rather than in it – 160 cars and 500 people watched the first of five episodes being filmed over the course of three nights.

4._satellite_stage_tg_outdoor.jpg 1._main_aerial.jpg 3._aerial_2.jpg 2._main_stage.jpg

eg2505

Honorary Master
honestly, why waste the energy/Cash/effort trying to remake TG with new people,

its a total waste of time, jokes that aren't funny, and just seem forced.

watched Season 27, seemed like a waste of space, didn't even bother keeping it, watched it once and then deleted it.

FiestaST

Honorary Master
First look trailer for Series 29

Fox1

Executive Member
I actually like the 3 current presenters of Top Gear. Chris Harris is pure racer and car enthusiast but the other two make filming in locations I think would be impossible for the previous hosts especially since these new guys are so fit.

Dave

Honorary Master
honestly, why waste the energy/Cash/effort trying to remake TG with new people,

its a total waste of time, jokes that aren't funny, and just seem forced.

watched Season 27, seemed like a waste of space, didn't even bother keeping it, watched it once and then deleted it.

Yes, Egy, I'm sure the entire world has the same tastes as you ;).