The top programming languages and tech skills needed in South Africa right now

CamiKaze

Honorary Master
I'm assuming that Kotlin goes hand in hand with that Java stat?

konfab

Honorary Master

HTML and Angular are not programming languages...

Ironically, the people who are writing a report on the demand for programming languages do not know what a programming is...

Wits University's Joburg Centre for Software Engineering (JCSE) and the Information Technology Professionals South Africa (IITPSA) have launched a new study looking at South Africa's IT industry.
I wouldn't trust a word what these morons have to say seeing as they don't know what a markup language and a web framework are.

krycor

Honorary Master
I'm assuming that Kotlin goes hand in hand with that Java stat?
Kotlin, Scala

The Scala use seems to growing fast though and I’m finding it mentioned being used in many places with ecom/fintech.

Of cause there is also Android (old) & Spring which also uses the jvm but more framework.. but then people seem to think the latter is such a difficult thing to learn or do.
And then there is other fun Apache stuff with JMS. Meh.. lots to do if you lucky enough to get to use it.

Dan C

Honorary Master

HTML and Angular are not programming languages...

Ironically, the people who are writing a report on the demand for programming languages do not know what a programming is...

I wouldn't trust a word what these morons have to say seeing as they don't know what a markup language and a web framework are.
.net is a framework too.