The Trinity: a Muslim perspective

Status
Not open for further replies.

saturnz

Honorary Master
There can only be 2 positions right?
You're either muslim or you're not.

Since you actively defend islam/koran/muhammed and have posted vids from a renown muslim scholar what conclusion would any reasonable person come to?

If you have another belief that transcends Islam why not share?
I don't actively defend anything

just because you lie and I point it out, doesn't mean I'm defending anything

do you really think a book, ideology or person that lived 1400 years ago needs to be defended from someone on the internet by a different person on the internet?

there can only be two positions, either you have evidence I'm a muslim or you do not

EADC

Expert Member
Question for muslims:
Was Muhammed confused about the Concept of the Trinity in Christianity?

O followers of the Book! do not exceed the limits in your religion, and do not speak (lies) against Allah, but (speak) the truth; the Messiah, Isa son of Marium is only an apostle of Allah and His Word which He communicated to Marium and a spirit from Him; believe therefore in Allah and His apostles, and say not, Three (thalathatun). Desist, it is better for you; Allah is only one God; far be It from His glory that He should have a son, whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth is His, and Allah is sufficient for a Protector. S. 4:171

They indeed have disbelieved who say: Lo! Allah is the Messiah, son of Mary. Say: Who then can do aught against Allah, if He had willed to destroy the Messiah son of Mary, and his mother and everyone on earth? Allah's is the Sovereignty of the heavens and the earth and all that is between them. He createth what He will. And Allah is Able to do all things. S. 5:17

They are unbelievers who say, ‘God is the Messiah, Mary’s son.’ For the Messiah said, ‘Children of Israel, serve God, my Lord and your Lord. Verily whoso associates with God anything, God shall prohibit him entrance to Paradise, and his refuge shall be the Fire; and wrongdoers shall have no helpers.’ They are unbelievers who say, 'God is the Third of Three (thalithu thalathatin). No god is there but One God. If they refrain not from what they say, there shall afflict those of them that disbelieve a painful chastisement. Will they not turn to God and pray His forgiveness? God is All-forgiving, All-compassionate. The Messiah, son of Mary, was only a Messenger; Messengers before him passed away; his mother was a just woman; they both ate food. Behold, how We make clear the signs to them; then behold, how they perverted are! S. 5:70-75

And when God said, ‘O Jesus son of Mary, didst thou say unto men, "Take me and my mother as gods, apart from God"?’ He said, ‘To Thee be glory! It is not mine to say what I have no right to. If I indeed said it, Thou knowest it, knowing what is within my soul, and I know not what is within Thy soul; Thou knowest the things unseen I only said to them what Thou didst command me: "Serve God, my Lord and your Lord." And I was a witness over them, while I remained among them; but when Thou didst take me to Thyself, Thou wast Thyself the watcher over them; Thou Thyself art witness of everything.’ S. 5:116-117

The above passages presuppose that when Christians say God is three they meant God, Jesus and Mary. After all, why bother mentioning that Mary ate food and that Allah could destroy her if he wanted.
8 year thread necro for what, jirra this thread had 4 posts and you went to dig it out the grave.

What the actual ****

MightyQuin

Honorary Master
I don't actively defend anything

What utter nonsense...you have a radar for the moment the word "Muslim/Islam" is posted on this forum and you're in that thread within seconds.

just because you lie and I point it out, doesn't mean I'm defending anything

do you really think a book, ideology or person that lived 1400 years ago needs to be defended from someone on the internet by a different person on the internet?

there can only be two positions, either you have evidence I'm a muslim or you do not
Stop spewing rhetoric, grow a pair and say yes or no....its simple.

Gingerbeardman

Executive Member
you can speak to the issues, or to the person

at this point you are speaking to the person, meaning you are not really interested in speaking to the issues
Indeed, just as you were speaking to the person instead of the issues. Why are you moaning, again?

Gingerbeardman

Executive Member
you are welcome to quote your evidence, where was I moaning, and about what was I moaning?
Here is the evidence of you moaning about people speaking to the person instead of the issues:
you can speak to the issues, or to the person

at this point you are speaking to the person, meaning you are not really interested in speaking to the issues
Here is the evidence of you speaking to the person instead of the issues:
are you asking the question to learn or to push your narrative?
So again, what's the problem of speaking to the person instead of the issues given that's the standard by which you entered this thread?

saturnz

Honorary Master
Here is the evidence of you moaning about people speaking to the person instead of the issues:

Here is the evidence of you speaking to the person instead of the issues:

So again, what's the problem of speaking to the person instead of the issues given that's the standard by which you entered this thread?
if you think that is evidence supporting your argument, you go with that

My question to FrankCastle is extremely relevant, since he does not know the difference between "general" and "relative" or "little books" and "good news" and over the few threads where myself and him have engaged on the "issues", he is known to have misrepresented my statements to push forward his narrative.

you are the one that addressed me, and your first post directed to me you didn't even bother touching on the issues, your focus is simply me

Gingerbeardman

Executive Member
if you think that is evidence supporting your argument, you go with that
Indeed, based on your behaviour, there is no impetus to avoid being personal, so your exhortation to stick to the issues rings hollow.

My question to FrankCastle is extremely relevant, since he does not know the difference between "general" and "relative" or "little books" and "good news" and over the few threads where myself and him have engaged on the "issues", he is known to have misrepresented my statements to push forward his narrative.
And what does that have to do with the topic at hand? Nothing.

you are the one that addressed me, and your first post directed to me you didn't even bother touching on the issues, your focus is simply me
And? There's apparently nothing wrong with that if one uses your behaviour as the paradigm.

saturnz

Honorary Master
And? There's apparently nothing wrong with that if one uses your behaviour as the paradigm.
you have provided no evidence of my behavior, but is there anything you wish to contribute to the issue? I guess not, just more statements directed at me

Gingerbeardman

Executive Member
you have provided no evidence of my behavior, but is there anything you wish to contribute to the issue? I guess not, just more statements directed at me
Well now you're just outright lying. You say your question is relevant, but your question is nothing but an ad-hominem, you don't take a stance on the topic at hand one way or the other.

Given that you don't deny the statements you made, and cannot show how they relate to the topic at hand, you've got no case, sunshine. But you go ahead and do your chessboard pigeon-crapping routine, perhaps some of the other NPCs will find it convincing.
:ROFL:

saturnz

Honorary Master
Well now you're just outright lying. You say your question is relevant, but your question is nothing but an ad-hominem, you don't take a stance on the topic at hand one way or the other.

Given that you don't deny the statements you made, and cannot show how they relate to the topic at hand, you've got no case, sunshine. But you go ahead and do your chessboard pigeon-crapping routine, perhaps some of the other NPCs will find it convincing.
:ROFL:
given that FrankCastle has problems understanding basic terms, my question directed to him (not you) is extremely relevant if I am to continue engaging him

you have basically ignored all my previous exchanges with him, but keep trying to keep yourself relevant, you still haven;'t said anything remotely close to dealing with the topic

Gingerbeardman

Executive Member
given that FrankCastle has problems understanding basic terms, my question directed to him (not you) is extremely relevant if I am to continue engaging him
You impugning his cognitive abilities without addressing the topic at hand is making it personal instead of dealing with the issues. Your post contained zero engagement on the substance of his claims. So carry on doing that all you like, but complaining that I'm doing the same to you as you're doing to him isn't going to convince me to stop treating you like you treat others.

you have basically ignored all my previous exchanges with him, but keep trying to keep yourself relevant, you still haven;'t said anything remotely close to dealing with the topic
Neither have you. Why should I adhere to standards that you yourself do not? Perhaps you'd like to preach at a bunch of hypocrites, they might find your sermons more convincing.

saturnz

Honorary Master
You impugning his cognitive abilities without addressing the topic
I'm not impugning anything

Its known that he has represented me stating something as "relatively peaceful" as "generally peaceful" and when I challenged him on that he didn't bother responding. And this is excluding the other misrepresentations he made with respect to my posts.

Its also known that he believes the injeel (good news) is the same as the bible (little scriptures) and these two concepts of the injeel and bible are extremely relevant to this topic.

you are also welcome to show where I preached anything, I simply respond to what is stated, especially when I believe the statement to be false

Gingerbeardman

Executive Member
I'm not impugning anything
Oh okay. Are you here to post or are you here to troll? I promise, by question doesn't impugn you in the least; this is what addressing the issue instead of the person looks like. :ROFL:

Its known that he has represented me stating something as "relatively peaceful" as "generally peaceful" and when I challenged him on that he didn't bother responding. And this is excluding the other misrepresentations he made with respect to my posts.
But you didn't say any of that, did you? You didn't actually give an opinion on the topic in the thread, you just made a personal comment.

Its also known that he believes the injeel (good news) is the same as the bible (little scriptures) and these two concepts of the injeel and bible are extremely relevant to this topic.
Care to explain how? I'm guessing not. :sneaky:

saturnz

Honorary Master
But you didn't say any of that, did you? You didn't actually give an opinion on the topic in the thread, you just made a personal comment.
asking someone who I have already shown to confuse issues, if they wish to push forward a narrative or learn is not a personal comment, its a question

Gingerbeardman

Executive Member
asking someone who I have already shown to confuse issues, if they wish to push forward a narrative or learn is not a personal comment, its a question
Uhuh. I gave you an opportunity to comment directly on the issues, which you've apparently decided to pass up.

So I'm going to go ahead and conclude that your question asking was actually covering an ulterior motive, like I initially indicated.

saturnz

Honorary Master
Uhuh. I gave you an opportunity to comment directly on the issues, which you've apparently decided to pass up.

So I'm going to go ahead and conclude that your question asking was actually covering an ulterior motive, like I initially indicated.
covering up an ulterior motive? your bias is showing unfortunately

FrankCastle has already stated that the koran is untranslatable, he has also said he has read the koran, and now wants to ask questions about the koran's position on an issue

but I'm the one with the ulterior motive

Status
Not open for further replies.