The Trinity: a Muslim perspective

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gingerbeardman

Executive Member
so you have no evidence that I referred to white males

so now you just fabricating things
Misattribution does not equate to fabrication. While I acknowledge that the misattribution happened, I don't care to apologise for it. You're still a troll who deserves no apologies regardless, your posts in this thread prove that beyond any doubt.

saturnz

Honorary Master
Misattribution does not equate to fabrication. While I acknowledge that the misattribution happened, I don't care to apologise for it. You're still a troll who deserves no apologies regardless, your posts in this thread prove that beyond any doubt.
you haven't rectified the post, its still a fabrication

if you don't bother rectifying your mistakes, whats the use apologising for them?

Gingerbeardman

Executive Member
you haven't rectified the post, its still a fabrication
Says the troll.

if you don't bother rectifying your mistakes, whats the use apologising for them?
By that logic one should only apologise for mistakes that can be rectified, yet this is clearly not how the apology game works.

saturnz

Honorary Master
Says the troll.

By that logic one should only apologise for mistakes that can be rectified, yet this is clearly not how the apology game works.
you can actually rectify the mistake, did you, no? its so easy to click on edit and change the post, but you choose not to

so how can your apology be sincere if you made no attempt to rectify a mistake that can so easily be corrected

Gingerbeardman

Executive Member
you can actually rectify the mistake, did you, no? its so easy to click on edit and change the post, but you choose not to
I don't care to. Notice also I don't care to edit my post offering the apology even though I told you it has been withdrawn. I'm perfectly happy to exist as a flawed creature, suck it up buttercup.

so how can your apology be sincere if you made no attempt to rectify a mistake that can so easily be corrected
It has been withdrawn. It will not be re-offered, no matter what you say. If you're offended that I won't edit my posts, good. Troll that you are, you deserve no less.

saturnz

Honorary Master
I don't care to. Notice also I don't care to edit my post offering the apology even though I told you it has been withdrawn. I'm perfectly happy to exist as a flawed creature, suck it up buttercup.

It has been withdrawn. It will not be re-offered, no matter what you say. If you're offended that I won't edit my posts, good. Troll that you are, you deserve no less.
I don't expect you to apologise again, but I have proven your apology was far from sincere.

I don't take offense, but you have fabricated a narrative about me which you can't prove, in other words, you are a liar and the post is there to prove it.

Gingerbeardman

Executive Member
I don't expect you to apologise again, but I have proven your apology was far from sincere.
You have not. Rectifying a mistake is not a necessary condition of a sincere apology, that much has been demonstrated, your proof is lacking.

I don't take offense, but you have fabricated a narrative about me which you can't prove, in other words, you are a liar and the post is there to prove it.
No part of my narrative about you rests in any way upon you making claims about white males or anything else. My narrative about you rests solely upon the posts you've made in this thread, as I have already told you.

Your comprehension problem isn't my concern.

Last edited:

saturnz

Honorary Master
Rectifying a mistake is not a necessary condition of a sincere apology
can you provide a citation on this statement

How do you make a sincere apology?
  • Acknowledge what you did was wrong
  • Accept responsibility for your action
  • Make attempts to atone for the wrong you committed
  • Give assurances that the transgression will not happen again

Gingerbeardman

Executive Member
can you provide a citation on this statement

It is possible to apologise for mistakes you cannot rectify, and it is possible for those apologies to be sincere. People apologise for mistakenly killing other people all the time, and that's not a mistake you can rectify. Therefore rectifying the mistake cannot be a necessary condition of a sincere apology.

And besides, insofar as making a mistake in reporting is concerned, the typical thing to do as far as the professional information publishers are concerned is to print a retraction, which is basically printing an admission of the mistake, which is what I did. Your demands that I edit my previous posts are therefore prima facie absurd, and on the face of it acknowledging the mistake is a sufficient condition of a sincere apology insofar as making mistaken claims about someone else is concerned.

:ROFL:

Status
Not open for further replies.