The true reasons behind Eskom load-shedding

Newsfeed

MyBroadband Newsfeed
Staff member

Cosatu General Secretary Bheki Ntshalintshali has shared the real reasons behind the Eskom load-shedding which occurred in February.

Speaking to Rapport, Ntshalintshali said two of the main reasons for Eskom’s generation shortages last month were:
  • Rocks instead of coal was supplied to one of Eskom’s power stations, which caused damage to burners.
  • Everyone working at one of the control rooms in an Eskom’s power station “went to the bathroom at the same time”.

Eric

Honorary Master
  • Rocks instead of coal was supplied to one of Eskom’s power stations, which caused damage to burners.
  • Everyone working at one of the control rooms in an Eskom’s power station “went to the bathroom at the same time”.
I LOL’d
I shouldn’t have but I did.

ekske1

Executive Member

Cosatu General Secretary Bheki Ntshalintshali has shared the real reasons behind the Eskom load-shedding which occurred in February.

Speaking to Rapport, Ntshalintshali said two of the main reasons for Eskom’s generation shortages last month were:
  • Rocks - strike preparation?
  • went to the bathroom at the same time - sexual relief?

InfidelGastro

Expert Member
The state and Eskom management is in a pitiful state and they should hang their heads in shame, but instead of that, just take them outside and summarily execute the lot of them. They deserve nothing better.

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
Both of those are serious allegations bheki.... First should lead to criminal charges against the supplier and the second should involved immediate dismissal for all staff members involved.

Lew Skannen

Expert Member

Bullfu****hit!

R13...

Honorary Master
If everyone who worked in the control went to the bathroom it would not result in the power station losing generating units. Those things more or less run themselves and don't need 24/7 watching or fiddling to keep going. The operator is there to respond to changes every now and then and most of the alerts aren't the sort that trip a unit.

Temujin

Executive Member
Rocks at 3x the price no doubt...

Just start importing coal from places like Aus for example... Will be cheaper than local and they're gonna have **** tons available now that Chinas moving on and dropped em

krycor

Honorary Master
“Went to the bathroom at the same time” more like were unofficial, unprotected striking but they do not want to disrupt the labour unions prior to elections so let’s not open that rabbit hole?

I’m guess the rocks were because the people checking also went to the loo..

krycor

Honorary Master
Rocks at 3x the price no doubt...

Just start importing coal from places like Aus for example... Will be cheaper than local and they're gonna have **** tons available now that Chinas moving on and dropped em
Aussies like bragging about their last 15yrs till you dig a bit and realize it’s still a resource economy. Further along but same ole, same ole.

I reckon that may be a good idea though, they can stay in the loo while we import lmfao

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
If everyone who worked in the control went to the bathroom it would not result in the power station losing generating units. Those things more or less run themselves and don't need 24/7 watching or fiddling to keep going. The operator is there to respond to changes every now and then and most of the alerts aren't the sort that trip a unit.
You need to add , "A properly maintained power station runs itself."

Temujin

Executive Member
Aussies like bragging about their last 15yrs till you dig a bit and realize it’s still a resource economy. Further along but same ole, same ole.

I reckon that may be a good idea though, they can stay in the loo while we import lmfao
Yep... Someone has to buy it, why not us... its one of their biggest exports, and china their biggest client... they're gonna be ****ed soon, gonna be giving it away to keep afloat :giggle:

Bewlen

Quite indicative of the idiocracy we live in, the idiocracy of those who are in charge of us all, the stupidity of those in charge of the economy.
Actually, a perfect reflection on the current state of South Africa.
Yep, I can believe this.

CB40

Rocks instead of coal was supplied to one of Eskom’s power stations, which caused damage to burners...SABOTAGE
Everyone working at one of the control rooms in an Eskom’s power station “went to the bathroom at the same time”.....Because they don't give a shyte

Eat my shorts

You haven't been in a control room have you in SA?
Generally there work is to mute the alarms because there to busy being lazy to go check why alarm is going off,
It's no one's job to fix it. Let the next shift sort it out attitude

Zoomzoom

Executive Member
Incompetence + Extortion for the increase.

It wouldn't surprise me to discover that their extortion backfired when the brown stuff hit the fan because of lack of maintenance i.e. they only intended to shut down a few plants to create minor loadshedding so they can go 'oh woe is us' to Nersa but then that had a cascade effect because the system couldn't handle the strain due to piss poor maintenance.