The Truth About Women's Rights In Islam

JK8

Banned
cant you guys just get along..you both subsrcibe to abrahamic religions.....your religions are based upon the same thing...dont you see....both your religions are equally stupid......the Christian religion leads to a sterile and boring life characterised by being good and all Je sus-y all the time..

Islam, besides the whole no booze thing....Islam forbids the consumption of pork.....Pork being the most delicious animal on the planet.....to not know its glorious flavour is to know hell and to taste of its flesh is like tasting a little peice of heaven...
It eats its own ****!!:rolleyes: :sick:

Skeptik

Banned
Therefore it is no longer christianity and it's followers have absolutely no ties with eary christians. And clearly the way of life of early christians is undermined as premitive and inferior to this era of "modernity" and "enlightenment"

so dont even bother calling it christianity and dont even bother calling it the bible. say the new testament
This isn't a valid argument. The Jews (including J esus), had various archaic laws, many of which are not maintained for practical reasons. Does that mean they are not Jews? I suspect you only use this comparison because Islam hasn't changed a lot.

Christianity is older than Islam. Does that make it any more valid?

Islam tries even to forbid translation of the Koran:eek: This is pretty daft rule IMHO, just begging to be reformed.

In fact the problems that Islam has are a direct result of it's inflexibility. Other problems are caused by nefarious interpretations of the Koran. Many rules and regulations adhered to by Muslim Fundamentalists cannot even be found in the Koran.

For example, where does it say Bin-Laden's Muslim followers must blow up innocent Muslims in a market??

SuperAntMD

Expert Member
What a crazy thread! Firstly spamming this forum for your own personal gratification is completely selfish and impinges on everyone (man or woman) here's rights. Secondly, your thread on how Islam treats women is surprisingly full of attacks by you on other religions, strange?

The bible, and even the new testament were written millenia ago, in barbaric times, but those laws are not followed today. how often do you see non-virgins being murdered in non-muslim countries? Never. The overwhelming majority of human rights abuses against women happen at the hands of muslims in muslim countries, explain that.

You say that because christianity has moved on it is no longer christianity, yet you start your post by saying
At the beginning Islam was the most revolutionary liberalization of women's rights the civilized world has ever seen. But afterwards Muslims became ignorant of this and now Muslim countries are the scene of some of the worst abuses of women's rights.
by the same token then that is no longer Islam, so effectively are you saying that muslim countries no longer practice islam?

Finally your claim that the bible contradicts itself by commanding thou shalt not murder and then commanding the killing of entire nations shows a basic lack of understanding of the english language. There is a gigantic difference between kill and murder, I trust you have a dictionary look it up. If g-d commands you to wipe out a nation that has been systematically trying to annihilate you it is very different to aiming ketusha rockets at nursery schools. Personally i don't believe religion should ever be a reason to kill anyone, but you probably do so you must see the difference between the above two scenarios.

JK8

Banned
I like the inflexibilties keep me straight and out of trouble!:)

bk.ru

Muslims are also the only religion I know of to practice female circumcision...

Shaheed

Banned
While i most certainly believe that power has subverted many aspects of Islam such that there is much disagreement even among Muslims about what interpretations are correct and which are not; unfortuately the Qur'an does infact have many inferences to the "inferiority" of women.

my apologies for the cut and paste

1. Men have more rights regarding divorce than do women

Divorced women shall wait concerning themselves for three monthly periods. Nor is it lawful for them to hide what Allah Hath created in their wombs, if they have faith in Allah and the Last Day. And their husbands have the better right to take them back in that period, if they wish for reconciliation. And women shall have rights similar to the rights against them, according to what is equitable; but men have a degree (of advantage) over them. And Allah is Exalted in Power, Wise," (2:28)

2. Muslim men may marry up to four women, but no such provision is made for Muslim women.

"If ye fear that ye shall not be able to deal justly with the orphans, Marry women of your choice, Two or three or four; but if ye fear that ye shall not be able to deal justly (with them), then only one, or (a captive) that your right hands possess, that will be more suitable, to prevent you from doing injustice," (4:3).

3. A man's inheritance should be a portion of two females
Allah (thus) directs you as regards your Children's (Inheritance): to the male, a portion equal to that of two females: if only daughters, two or more, their share is two-thirds of the inheritance; if only one, her share is a half," (4:11).

4. It is okay to beat wives

"Men are the protectors and maintainers of women, because Allah has given the one more (strength) than the other, and because they support them from their means. Therefore the righteous women are devoutly obedient, and guard in (the husband's) absence what Allah would have them guard. As to those women on whose part ye fear disloyalty and ill-conduct, admonish them (first), (Next), refuse to share their beds, (And last) beat them (lightly); but if they return to obedience, seek not against them Means (of annoyance): For Allah is Most High, great (above you all)," (4:34).

5. In Paradise, voluptuous women await men for sensual gratification

"In them will be (Maidens), chaste, restraining their glances, whom no man or Jinn before them has touched," (55:56).

"We have created (their Companions) of special creation. And made them virgin - pure (and undefiled), - Beloved (by nature), equal in age,- For the Companions of the Right Hand," (56:35-38)

"Verily for the Righteous there will be a fulfillment of (the heart's) desires; Gardens enclosed, and grapevines, And voluptuous women of equal age," (78:31-33).

Source

As a woman I would not accept these prescripts.
I note your concerns electra. I really appreciate yor maturity in discussing these differences. Debating with people like you is a pleasure because while there are differences there is mutual respect.

The context and understanding of what you have quoted is not the most accurate.

The rulings of Islam can sometimes be very easy to comprehend if one reflects a bit. Men for example, get more inheritence than women purely because they have more financial responsibility in the household. They are responsible for the maintanance of their parents (if they are in old age), wife, sisters and children.

Shaheed

Banned
can you support that?

Muslims are also the only religion I know of to practice female circumcision...
please quote just a single verse from the Quran or one hadith that supports that statement.

and please dont tell me about what people in africa do because even christians in the north practice female circumcision. It is a cultural practice and has zilch to do with Islam.

We now await your reference for your statement . . (AHEM)

bk.ru

please quote just a single verse from the Quran or one hadith that supports that statement.

and please dont tell me about what people in africa do because even christians in the north practice female circumcision. It is a cultural practice and has zilch to do with Islam.

We now await your reference for your statement . . (AHEM)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Female_genital_cutting

In Shia Islam, the practice of female circumcision has never been to remove the clitoris, and this form is outlawed by all leading Marjas that interpret Sharia traditions. The main form of surgery is to remove a small piece of the hood over the clitoris in order to increase sexual pleasure. This act is considered Mustahab and not Wajib or compulsory. In countries such as Iran, where the majority is of this school of thought, this practice in reducing the hood is common. Some Muslim scholars believe FGC is practiced as a result of ignorance and misconceived religious fervor rather than for reasons of true religious doctrine--and any religious basis for the practice is denied
A few others, like the Egyptian Mufti Sheikh Jad Al-Hâqq 'Ali Jad Al-Hâqq issued, in 1994, a fatwa stating: "Circumcision is mandatory for men and for women. If the people of any village decide to abandon it, the [village] imam must fight against them as if they had abandoned the call to prayer."[29]

Shaheed

Banned
Throw Up Moment

cant you guys just get along..you both subsrcibe to abrahamic religions.....your religions are based upon the same thing...dont you see....both your religions are equally stupid......the Christian religion leads to a sterile and boring life characterised by being good and all Je sus-y all the time..

Islam, besides the whole no booze thing....Islam forbids the consumption of pork.....Pork being the most delicious animal on the planet.....to not know its glorious flavour is to know hell and to taste of its flesh is like tasting a little peice of heaven...
VOMITS EXCESSIVELY

Gunny

Expert Member
4. It is okay to beat wives

"Men are the protectors and maintainers of women, because Allah has given the one more (strength) than the other, and because they support them from their means. Therefore the righteous women are devoutly obedient, and guard in (the husband's) absence what Allah would have them guard. As to those women on whose part ye fear disloyalty and ill-conduct, admonish them (first), (Next), refuse to share their beds, (And last) beat them (lightly); but if they return to obedience, seek not against them Means (of annoyance): For Allah is Most High, great (above you all)," (4:34).
there we go

Shaheed

Banned
"Some Muslim scholars believe FGC is practiced as a result of ignorance and misconceived religious fervor rather than for reasons of true religious doctrine--and any religious basis for the practice is denied "

DUDE PLEASE AT LEAST MAKE AN EFFORT TO COONCENTRATE.

Ok fine . . . . i'll say it again Quran (the primary source of rulings) and the Hadith (sayings of Prophet Muhamad(SAW)

clear enough?

SuperAntMD

Expert Member
Shaheed said:
Therefore it is no longer christianity and it's followers have absolutely no ties with eary christians. And clearly the way of life of early christians is undermined as premitive and inferior to this era of "modernity" and "enlightenment"

so dont even bother calling it christianity and dont even bother calling it the bible. say the new testament
This post is hogwash, you come here to debate not to preach, telling others what they can and can not call their holy books is so rude that your post should be deleted, if you have a point make it if not kindly keep your propaganda to your self.

Shaheed

Banned
For God!

Do you still condone the beating of women ?
Im 100% for God brue. Even if a certain law seems not to make sense to my limited understanding and my short sighted human nature. If it's from God then it's right. By the way the prophet Muhamad (saw) never beat any of his wives in fact he instructed men to treat them with kindness.

nthdimension

Men for example, get more inheritence than women purely because they have more financial responsibility in the household. They are responsible for the maintanance of their parents (if they are in old age), wife, sisters and children.
Time to move into the good old 21st century. It's not the 7th century anymore.

Gunny

Expert Member
@ Shaheed about the pork thing

If you havent tasted it you cant comment. Do you know why they were considered unsanitary ? I cant see that applying today.

JK8

Banned
@ Shaheed about the pork thing

If you havent tasted it you cant comment. Do you know why they were considered unsanitary ? I cant see that applying today.
They still eat their own **** even today!

nthdimension

That's why we smoke their meat. Cook it properly. Use herbs and spices. Basically the old prohibitions are silly in modern times.

Nanfeishen

Executive Member
If it's from God then it's right.
I cannot believe that any intelligent educated individual can actually say this in todays day and age, the biggest excuse for every atrocity ever commited by one man to another has been those words.
@ Shaheed, i am taking your lack of response to my earlier post as having hit the proverbial nail on the head, or are you conveniently turning the blind eye to issues that are maybe a little true.