The Truth About Women's Rights In Islam

Skeptik

Banned
Im 100% for God brue. Even if a certain law seems not to make sense to my limited understanding and my short sighted human nature. If it's from God then it's right. By the way the prophet Muhamad (saw) never beat any of his wives in fact he instructed men to treat them with kindness.
Sura IV.34: “Men have authority over women because God has made the one superior to the other, and because they spend their wealth to maintain them. Good women are obedient. As for those from whom you fear disobedience, admonish them and send them to beds apart and beat them. Then if they obey you, take no further action against them. God is high, supreme.”

Last edited:

Shaheed

Banned
Commandments

I cannot believe that any intelligent educated individual can actually say this in todays day and age, the biggest excuse for every atrocity ever commited by one man to another has been those words.
@ Shaheed, i am taking your lack of response to my earlier post as having hit the proverbial nail on the head, or are you conveniently turning the blind eye to issues that are maybe a little true.
Thanks alot for the comments mate. But like I said. Be it 7th or 31th century. The laws of God are purely that. We obey not because of the wisdom that lies behind it but because it is a command of the being we love.

On the day of Judgement God will not ask why did I command you to fast in the month of Ramadhaan instead of another month. Rather he will ask DID you fast in the month of Ramadhaan?

Shaheed

Banned
Quote From The Quran

"And serve Allah. Ascribe no thing as partner unto Him. (Show) kindness unto parents, and unto near kindred, and
orphans, and the needy, and into the neighbour who is of kin (unto you) and the neighbour who is not of kin and the
fellow traveller and the wayfarer and (the slaves) whom your right hands possess. Lo! Allah loveth not such as are proud
and boastful, (CH 4.V36)

Skeptik

Banned
"And serve Allah. Ascribe no thing as partner unto Him. (Show) kindness unto parents, and unto near kindred, and
orphans, and the needy, and into the neighbour who is of kin (unto you) and the neighbour who is not of kin and the
fellow traveller and the wayfarer and (the slaves) whom your right hands possess. Lo! Allah loveth not such as are proud
and boastful, (CH 4.V36)
So men must be kind to EVERYONE except their wives is what you are now saying ...!

I think this quotation (not the word of Allah) is the closest we are going to get to an admission that Islamic women are just chattels of their men.

Mr TB

Banned
Wrong Sir!

The danger with biblical texts is that people feel compelled to stick to them to the letter. IMO what is important is the spirit behind the text and not the word for word interpetation. How can you follow a text written so long ago in the world of today where everything around you ahs changed.

The quaran says to pray five times a day. This is fine if you live in a time when you job was to tend to the fields. Yoday when people work 9 to 5 its shoudl be okay to pray as often as you can, five times IF possible. Not making refernece to anyone, just using an example.

The bible is the same. Christians have dropped the obvious stuff....like the fact that the bible says you can sell you daughter as a slave, but only to a fellwo country man. Thats cool to drop becuase its clearly not acceptable today. However, when it comes to things like homosexuallity, christians say that the bible says it is wrong and htat it always will be. Christianity has IMO stayed the same....not much has changed. If Christians could they would still stone blasphemers in the street.

No religion is any better than any other one...they are ALL equally stupid!!!
Mankind and that include you as well as me , values has not changed since the first sin was committed on planet earth...

The first murder was committed by a man and from then on man had no respect for life, do not feeling so inferior to god try to play innocent, being part of mankind means you have a hand in every murder committed whether you like it or not, it is your flesh...

Shaheed

Banned
Original sin. Even a baby is sinful?

Mankind and that include you as well as me , values has not changed since the first sin was committed on planet earth...

The first murder was committed by a man and from then on man had no respect for life, do not feeling so inferior to god try to play innocent, being part of mankind means you have a hand in every murder committed whether you like it or not, it is your flesh...
THATS WHERE WE DIFFER. Islam teaches that any child that has not yet reached puberty is sinless. If they die at that stage they would attain heaven and enter it without any reckoning.

Mr TB

Banned
and boastful, (CH 4.V36)
Read Deut 6v4 and 5, what is that any different from your quote? Written about 1000 yearlier than the qu'ran, did your prophet with all due respect copy the bible?

Shaheed

Banned
Kindness To Women

So men must be kind to EVERYONE except their wives is what you are now saying ...!

I think this quotation (not the word of Allah) is the closest we are going to get to an admission that Islamic women are just chattels of their men.
WRONG: BECAUSE THIS IS WHAT WAS SAID BY PROPHET MUHAMMAD (SAW)

"O People, it is true that you have certain rights with regard to your women, but they also have right over you. If they abide by your right then to them belongs the right to be fed and clothed in kindness. Do treat your women well and be kind to them for they are your partners and comitted helpers. And it is your right that they do not make friends with any one of whom you do not approve, as well as never to commit adultery.

O People, listen to me in earnest, whorship Allah, say your five daily prayers (Salah), fast during the month of Ramadhan, and give your wealth in Zakaat. perform Hajj if you can afford to. You know that every Muslim is the brother of another Muslim. You are all equal. Nobody has superiority over other except by piety and good action."

Shaheed

Banned
No original sin????

Read Deut 6v4 and 5, what is that any different from your quote? Written about 1000 yearlier than the qu'ran, did your prophet with all due respect copy the bible?
A laughable trend of imagination to say the least. You my dear sir have just told us all that we have a part in every sin. . . . . and hold on hold on . . .

are you denying the age old christian doctrine of Original sin?

Mr TB

Banned
THATS WHERE WE DIFFER. Islam teaches that any child that has not yet reached puberty is sinless. If they die at that stage they would attain heaven and enter it without any reckoning.
Did i judge anyone? You are born in sin, therefore you are a sinner and fall short god's forgiveness. Once accepting christ as savior you are born again, now child of god, by faith justified-not works, and by his grace my sins forgiven... Nothing i can do to earn it...

You are bastardising christianity, whilst in your own muslim communities there is not any freedom of speech... God forgive this sin...

Skeptik

Banned

"O People, it is true that you have certain rights with regard to your women, but they also have right over you. If they abide by your right then to them belongs the right to be fed and clothed in kindness. Do treat your women well and be kind to them for they are your partners and comitted helpers. And it is your right that they do not make friends with any one of whom you do not approve, as well as never to commit adultery.

O People, listen to me in earnest, whorship Allah, say your five daily prayers (Salah), fast during the month of Ramadhan, and give your wealth in Zakaat. perform Hajj if you can afford to. You know that every Muslim is the brother of another Muslim. You are all equal. Nobody has superiority over other except by piety and good action."
You don't list the exact source...

I've already quoted the passage says men must "beat women". Your passage does not refute it. In fact the two fit well together as follows::

Do treat your women well and be kind to them.
As for those from whom you fear disobedience, admonish them and send them to beds apart and beat them

Mr TB

Banned

Look at Mohammed saying, if the woman is obedient and your slave then the rule is that you will treat her well, she is your helper and has a right to clothes and food...

Mr TB

Banned
A laughable trend of imagination to say the least. You my dear sir have just told us all that we have a part in every sin. . . . . and hold on hold on . . .

are you denying the age old christian doctrine of Original sin?
You were born of Adam, he committed the very first sin, therefore making us all part of the sin to be committed. Therefore we are all born in sin ... i don't know what i am denying least imagining, least to say the dear prophet's trend is much based on the bible....

Shaheed

Banned
Well Lets See What The Bible The Says About Women

Look at Mohammed saying, if the woman is obedient and your slave then the rule is that you will treat her well, she is your helper and has a right to clothes and food...
just a few quotes for you

All who would not seek the LORD, the God of Israel, were to be put to death, whether small or great, man or woman. (From the NIV Bible, 2 Chronicles 15:13)

Hosea 13:16 (New Living Translation) - The people of Samaria must bear the consequences of their guilt because they rebelled against their God. They will be killed by an invading army, their little ones dashed to death against the ground, their pregnant women ripped open by swords."

Hosea 13:16 (King James) Samaria will bear her guilt because she has rebelled against her God.
They will fall by the sword; their little ones will be dashed to pieces, and their pregnant women ripped open.

kill all the boys [innocent kids]. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man.(Numbers 31:17-18)"

Mr TB

Banned
So Much For Love And Merciful
Does not matter what the bible has to say Shaheed you still tried to sell a lie to the thread, did you not?

Showing the other side their wrongs does not make yours right do they?

Your verses I believe you quoted carefully and in context because you study the qu'ran, you however raped the bible quoting verses out of context to protect you views...

SORRY PAL I AM NOT CONVINCED...

Shaheed

Banned
Does not matter what the bible has to say Shaheed you still tried to sell a lie to the thread, did you not?

Showing the other side their wrongs does not make yours right do they?

Your verses I believe you quoted carefully and in context because you study the qu'ran, you however raped the bible quoting verses out of context to protect you views...

SORRY PAL I AM NOT CONVINCED...
OMG! YOU ACTUALLY ADMIT THAT THOSE VERSES ARE WRONGS?

Shaheed

Banned
Since You Seem To Be On A Ramapge To Push Negativity Towards Islam. It's Only Fair That Everyone Gets To See What Your Holy Book Says Against Women. It's Downright Opressive.

Does It Even Command Men To Treat Their Wives Kindly?
Does It Have Anything Posotive To Say About Women?

Please Let Me Know

Shaheed

Banned
For I Have Come Across Verses In The New Testament That Prohibit Women From:

Weraing Gold
Answering Back To Their Husbands
Talking In Church (only Women)

Mr TB

Banned
For I Have Come Across Verses In The New Testament That Prohibit Women From:

Weraing Gold
Answering Back To Their Husbands
Talking In Church (only Women)
Just shows your inexperience when it comes to Paul's teachings in the NT. Completely out context pal, like i said out of context...

No i am not on a rampage you certainly do not have to bother, if you go back and read the thread again you tried to create the wrong, wrong impression...

On a rampage i am certainly not...