The ugly side of Desktop PC's - How do you deal with all the cables?

airborne

Honorary Master
The rear end of my PC is a clusterfk of cables, they spill out all over the show, it ruins the vibe.
How do you guys deal with cables so they look neat and under control?

RedViking

Nord of the South
The rear end of my PC is a clusterfk of cables, they spill out all over the show, it ruins the vibe.
How do you guys deal with cables so they look neat and under control?
Ducting under the desk?

Or a hub under the desk with one cable to desktop.

Or desktop under the desk.

azbob

Honorary Master
Lol still using cables in 2021. And we’re supposed to be an advanced species.

airborne

Honorary Master
Cable wrap coils.. can get different sizes at Builders Warehouse.

View attachment 1173166
That looks good but the problem with that is when you need to pull a cable out or put a new one in, huge schelp
You could also use a hose section from a Kreepy Krauly or other suitable pool cleaner, (or more, as required), then cut it to size and channel all the cables through it to tidy them all neatly up.

View attachment 1173190
Same as above but that will be easier, I never thought of that, a nice black piece of Flexi pipe might work quite well

airborne

Honorary Master
Embrace it.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

View attachment 1173200

lol, I'm soo hard on myself, great to see I'm not alone in shameful displays of cable pr0n.

How do the Instagram ho's manage to have such neat looking desktop setups, clever camera angles?

There must be something that we are missing, some tool or under counter clip system to keep it all up and out of view

Aghori

Honorary Master
Huh?

Wireless keyboard and mouse. Bluetooth speakers.

The only wires are from the monitor and power to your case. The power cords can be neatly cable tied/ducted.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
Most people I know mount multiplugs below or behind their desk, and then they route through some spinal wrap and coil. In my case I don't have an open desk, my desk is purpose built, so I kinda leave everything untidy as I move my things around a lot. I have one room which serves now as my podcasting room, gaming room and business/meeting room where in the past I had separate rooms.

airborne

Honorary Master

OMG :D
You almost had us there.

Cash Crusaders sell these plug boxes for around R200, I have one for all my battery chargers, I think I need to get one for my PC as well, it would hide a lot of your floor mess. Just measure the multiplugs you need to fit in the box before getting one.