The UNISA thread

Zewp

Banned
I think it would be useful to have a thread for all general UNISA-related discussion, so here it is then.

Seems UNISA broke their Assignment system. They sent me an SMS last week to tell me that I should rather send in my assignments via post rather than via my.unisa. What a damn schlep. I'll try and complete most of my assignments today and then post them to ensure they make it there in time.

When they receive your assignment, do they at least inform you via email? It would suck to be barred from the exams because my assignment didn't make it to UNISA because the postman lost it or something like that.

Sinbad

Honorary Master
I submitted 3 assignments via my.unisa last week....?

Zewp

Banned
Since last week roughly Friday, my assignments tab simply doesn't load at all. At the the time I got the SMS it was working, so I didn't think too much of it then.

Sinbad

Honorary Master
Got
Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a0046'

Permission denied

/SACDL20/ASPs/StuAssTab.asp, line 0

Hit refresh:
Capture.PNG

froot

Honorary Master
It works fine for me in Chrome. I did get the VBscript error last week though (it's a regular occurrence).

senyetse

I get that error once in a while, I retry several minutes later then it works fine.

Johnone

So today is the final day of paying registration fees. Have you guys registered and paid yet?

I'm going to pay it today. Left it late, I know. Will they receive an eft payment by today or would through the Post Office be quicker?

Johnone

Do it by credit card. It's instant.
I have a credit card which I never use. Do you pay it online with the credit card? What are the risks involved. Never made an online transaction via credit card.

googoodoll

Executive Member
When I paid my registration it gave me an error using my credit card. EFT took about two days to show on MyUnisa but if you download and send in the payment form it shouldn't be a problem. That's probably what the form is there for.

Sinbad

Honorary Master
I have a credit card which I never use. Do you pay it online with the credit card? What are the risks involved. Never made an online transaction via credit card.
Yes I paid mine with my credit card.
Risks - I dunno. Unisa is pretty reputable. And if the details leak, I cancel the card and get a new one. No skin off my nose :D

googoodoll

Executive Member
Does anyone else have to buy a ridiculous amount of textbooks? My textbooks for this semester alone cost me about R1800...

froot

Honorary Master
googoodoll said:
Does anyone else have to buy a ridiculous amount of textbooks? My textbooks for this semester alone cost me about R1800...
Only? That's not a lot ;)