The UNISA thread

Filosofer

On the telegram groups they say it could take until the end of registrations (myModules), quite odd.
My study things have been posted to sapo.. no tracking number yet though, any experience with how long that usually takes?
You can check under files on Telegram for study guides. This will help in starting with the coursework until MyModules updates

Sinbad

Honorary Master
fkn useless.

My wife's modules from last year are still showing on myUnisa.

adidas

You can check under files on Telegram for study guides. This will help in starting with the coursework until MyModules updates
I've also just registered, which telegram groups are you guys talking about out of interest?

Filosofer

I've also just registered, which telegram groups are you guys talking about out of interest?
Search for UNISA Student Lounge on Telegram. They post a link https://unisa-groups.co.za/ where you can search for the specific module codes that you're doing. That will take you to those specific groups on Telegram.

When you're in your module groups you can check under files for study guides and other resources posted by previous students.

adidas

Search for UNISA Student Lounge on Telegram. They post a link https://unisa-groups.co.za/ where you can search for the specific module codes that you're doing. That will take you to those specific groups on Telegram.

When you're in your module groups you can check under files for study guides and other resources posted by previous students.
awesome, thanks so much

phoneJunky

Executive Member
Nothing still shows on my side if I want to pay for registration or the semester/year. Will I only be able to pay once my registration has been successful?

SageofInfinitePaths

Nothing still shows on my side if I want to pay for registration or the semester/year. Will I only be able to pay once my registration has been successful?
Your registration should state that you are 'temporary registered', an email will then be sent to your mylife account stating the minimum amount required to activate your registration

Urist

Expert Member
Sick of prescribed textbooks written by their own staff not being available in ebook format.
Now I have to lug a textbook around in my backpack like a schoolchild.

ShareMosselBay

Hey everyone, hope all is doing well.

I am considering doing my LLM coursework via UNISA this year.

If anyone here knows, does this involve going to class or can one do this.via distance learning like an LLB?

xeslaro

Executive Member
Hey everyone, hope all is doing well.

I am considering doing my LLM coursework via UNISA this year.

If anyone here knows, does this involve going to class or can one do this.via distance learning like an LLB?
It's the same as LLB... The only difference, they are 1-year modules. I'll just say, the modules are tough. For example...when writing a 4-hour paper, you have to cite sources in your answers... Including books, journals, articles, understand the differing opinions of authors. Etc etc...it's next level.

You have 3 years max to compete and it's kak expensive.

Do it...you level of understanding will quadruple..

Nicole019

Hello

Could anyone give me advice on what I should do?
I paid my registration fees 5 days ago and my status still says in progress.
I need to cancel 4 modules but am unable to log on to the myUnisa platform to do it as my registration has not been processed.
(I am a first-time student so I don't have a myUnisa account yet)

Knyro

PhD in Everything
Hello

Could anyone give me advice on what I should do?
I paid my registration fees 5 days ago and my status still says in progress.
I need to cancel 4 modules but am unable to log on to the myUnisa platform to do it as my registration has not been processed.
(I am a first-time student so I don't have a myUnisa account yet)
Try going to a campus and see if they can sort you out. The longer option is to wait until you're registered then cancel via myUnisa once you have an account.

Nicole019

Try going to a campus and see if they can sort you out. The longer option is to wait until you're registered then cancel via myUnisa once you have an account.
Thank you, it looks like I'll have to go in. I've been on hold for the past 35 minutes trying to contact someone from there. No response

Knyro

PhD in Everything
Thank you, it looks like I'll have to go in. I've been on hold for the past 35 minutes trying to contact someone from there. No response
Never bother trying to call or even trying to e-mail Unisa. They closed their call centre years ago, even if you somehow get through the chances of getting any actual help are slim. Going to a campus is always the best option.

gerritcar

Hi All - my employer has awarded me with a bursary for this year's studies. I was told by HR that I need to get a tax invoice from Unisa before they will make the payment. So the process is that firstly my employer gives me a letter requesting the tax invoice from Unisa, Unisa then supposedly responds with a tax invoice, I then give this invoice to my employer and they pay Unisa directly.

So far my employer has given me the letter, and I've sent it to Unisa. The HR people told me I need to send the letter requesting the tax invoice to finan@unisa.ac.za, which I did. I'm hoping that was the correct address to send it to? I received an acknowledgement email from Unisa with a case number. I have no idea how long this wait will be though. Is there another process I should follow to get this done quicker?

Thanks!