The UNISA thread

AzureDragonZ

Hi All - my employer has awarded me with a bursary for this year's studies. I was told by HR that I need to get a tax invoice from Unisa before they will make the payment. So the process is that firstly my employer gives me a letter requesting the tax invoice from Unisa, Unisa then supposedly responds with a tax invoice, I then give this invoice to my employer and they pay Unisa directly.

So far my employer has given me the letter, and I've sent it to Unisa. The HR people told me I need to send the letter requesting the tax invoice to finan@unisa.ac.za, which I did. I'm hoping that was the correct address to send it to? I received an acknowledgement email from Unisa with a case number. I have no idea how long this wait will be though. Is there another process I should follow to get this done quicker?

Thanks!
Best is to go to a UNISA regional office. That's where I used to get it.

Marana

Hi, if I want to transfer to unisa with a half complete BSc Computer Science, how do i register at UNISA. Do I register for first level courses first before they exempt/credit me or do I register for 2nd level courses?

Genisys

Executive Member
Hi, if I want to transfer to unisa with a half complete BSc Computer Science, how do i register at UNISA. Do I register for first level courses first before they exempt/credit me or do I register for 2nd level courses?
Best would be to go into a regional center to ask them what the process is. I know you'll need to apply for credits for existing modules, however its not guaranteed that you'll get the credits. If you are halfway, why not complete it and get it done with?

Genisys

Executive Member
Never bother trying to call or even trying to e-mail Unisa. They closed their call centre years ago, even if you somehow get through the chances of getting any actual help are slim. Going to a campus is always the best option.
There are people that can help if one emails them, but its a process to find the correct people to email.

AzureDragonZ

Has anybody had their final audit done yet? The results has been out for a month now and I'm still waiting for confirmation. I cant apply for Masters if my academic transcript says qualification is not complete.

Sinbad

Honorary Master
Has anybody had their final audit done yet? The results has been out for a month now and I'm still waiting for confirmation. I cant apply for Masters if my academic transcript says qualification is not complete.
My wife's still says final year student and two of last years modules still reflect as available despite results being out.

Kano

When can one expect Honours exam results to be released for the January exam period?

BeeDeeM

Is anyone else still waiting for their honours application to be processed? Registration closes in a week. I have already been to a regional centre to follow up and have sent emails but no communication.

AzureDragonZ

When can one expect Honours exam results to be released for the January exam period?
I don't know if its related, but a friend of mine wrote a supplementary exam last January and she said it took about 6 weeks to get the result back.

ivann

Hi there
I have just completed (Nov 2019) and passed all my modules for my B.Com degree and just want to find when would Unisa inform the students of their degrees so that i can register for the graduation ceremonies in May 2020.

Nimz

Expert Member
Hi there
I have just completed (Nov 2019) and passed all my modules for my B.Com degree and just want to find when would Unisa inform the students of their degrees so that i can register for the graduation ceremonies in May 2020.
By the 28th of Feb as per Myunisa

Cabilero

Hi, I am writing a supp this week. Always wrote at Heartfelt arena now I see they sent me a mail saying the venue isn't available, I will be writing at Pretoria showgrounds. Is there safe parking or do students still park outside and come out hoping their car isn't missing?

Mokgaga

Went to Unisa main campus today to sort out some stuff and finalise my registrattion. Unisa and students are on strike :rolleyes:

Genisys

Executive Member
I'm writing an exam paper Monday. I just realized that I don't have my student card anymore (I have one for 2018 however). Is there anything I can do, or am I screwed?

Claymore

Executive Member
I'm writing an exam paper Monday. I just realized that I don't have my student card anymore (I have one for 2018 however). Is there anything I can do, or am I screwed?
All you need is your officially printed timetable (from MyUnisa) and your ID.

thehuman

Expert Member
Missing card reminds me of 1st year uni in 1996 , 15 minutes to exam realized student card at home, climb in car drive home by time im home smoke pouring from under bonet , grab card tell dad something wrong with car taking his car .
Atleast passed that exam, but burned a hole in cars piston.

InfinityRhero

I am planning to study IT through UNISA. They have a diploma in IT qualification, but not a Bachelor's Degree. Between BSc in Computing and BSc in Informatics, which would be closest to a Bachelors in IT?