• You are not registered on MyBroadband, which means you miss out on great benefits. To join our community is very easy, and completely free. Register now.
  • New Two-Day Giveaway - Enter Here

The War against Islam

Aqua_lung

Honorary Master
The War against Islam...
According to historian R.M. Savory,

"The existence of Islam has always made the West profoundly uneasy. Islam was the only major world religion to be revealed after the rise of Christianity, and consequently it was, from the moment of the revelation of Islam in the seventh century A.D., viewed by Christendom as a direct threat and challenge to itself.

On the theological and religious level, the reaction of the West was strong, sustained and, almost without exception, hostile. Hostility was based on fear, and fear had its roots in ignorance. Christendom feared Islam, and therefore misrepresented it. Christians were ignorant of Islam, at least in part, because Christendom, prompted by odium theologicum had no desire to understand or tolerate Islam.
Muslims who use this term often point to the Crusades and European colonization of their lands believing it to be an example of an attempt to destroy the Muslim way of life. In addition to believing the West had "a well-thought-out scheme the object of which is first to shake the foundations of Islamic beliefs", Sayyid Qutb for example maintained that the medieval Christian Crusades were not "a form of imperialism," but rather Western imperialism was a new form of the Crusades, "latter-day" imperialism in Muslim lands being "but a mask for the crusading spirit."
Pope Urban II preaches the First Crusade at the Council of Clermont "I, or rather the Lord, beseech you as Christ's heralds to publish this everywhere and to persuade all people of whatever rank, foot-soldiers and knights, poor and rich, to carry aid promptly to those Christians and to destroy that vile race from the lands of our friends. I say this to those who are present, it meant also for those who are absent. Moreover, Christ commands it."
On September 16, 2001 George W. Bush referred to the war in Afghanistan as a Crusade: "This crusade, this war on terrorism is going to take a while. And the American people must be patient. I'm going to be patient." [44] The Arabic word for Crusade means War of the Cross; thus, many Arabic speakers misinterpreted the way in which Bush used the term crusade.
source

In one of the affidavits a former employee who served for 4 years in Blackwater and was a former US marine, alleged that Mr Prince;

“views himself as a Christian crusader tasked with eliminating Muslims and the Islamic faith from the globe...To that end, Mr. Prince intentionally deployed to Iraq certain men who shared his vision of Christian supremacy, knowing and wanting these men to take every available opportunity to murder Iraqis. Many of these men used call signs based on the Knights of the Templar, the warriors who fought the Crusades”.
source

National is Iraq's first Baptist congregation and one of at least seven new Christian evangelical churches established in Baghdad in the past two years. Its Sunday afternoon service, in a building behind a house on a quiet street, draws a couple of hundred worshipers who like the lively music and focus on the Bible.
During the U.S.-led invasion in 2003, American evangelicals made no secret of their desire to follow the troops. Samaritan's Purse, the global relief organization led by the Rev. Franklin Graham -- who has called Islam an "evil and wicked" religion
source

"Two persons wearing Arab uniforms opened fire at a police station in Basra. A police patrol followed the attackers and captured them to discover they were two British soldiers," an Interior Ministry source told Xinhua. The two soldiers were using a civilian car packed with explosives, the source said.
source

Last edited:

DigitalSoldier

Honorary Master
aqua_lung, for somebody that claims to be an Atheist and that enjoy Religion/Christian/Jesus bashing as much as the next guy, you always seem to come to the defense of Islam.

Hypocritical much ?

Alan

Honorary Master
aqua_lung.. Islams knight in shining tinfoil armor.
lol he is the epitome of a useful idiot. The extremists definitely appreciate his efforts to swell their ranks.

There are millions of Muslims living in Western countries.

aqua_lung, for somebody that claims to be an Atheist and that enjoy Religion/Christian/Jesus bashing as much as the next guy, you always seem to come to the defense of Islam.

Hypocritical much ?
It's only because he sees that Islam at war with the 'West' which would guarantee anybody his support

Last edited:

Aqua_lung

Honorary Master
@DigitalSoldier

Since the Iraq war started yes I do feel the need to speak out against what I see as an organized campaign against a religion committed by a few who are not interested in peace.

I would prefer the world to be atheist, agnostic or at the very least Buddhist but unfortunately that will never be the case.

Last edited:

Alan

Honorary Master
Sufferwell doesn't seem to have a problem with "Islam" attacking Buddhists though.....

Aqua_lung

Honorary Master
There are millions of Muslims living in Western countries.
There were millions of Jews living in Europe, they were not safe when a Christian fundamentalist came to power.

Islam existed in Europe once, then the reconquest happened, forced conversion of these places to Christianity.

Sufferwell doesn't seem to have a problem with "Islam" attacking Buddhists though.....
Now where did I say that.. oh right more of the usual BS.
I don't support any fundamentalism.

Last edited:

Alan

Honorary Master
There were millions of Jews living in Europe, they were not safe when a Christian fundamentalist came to power.

Islam existed in Europe once, then the reconquest happened, forced conversion of these places to Christianity.
Where are these dreaded Christian crusader fundamentalist western countries? All I see are secular western societies :erm:

Now where did I say that.. oh right more of the usual BS.
I don't support any fundamentalism.
Odd then that you subscribe to exactly the same drivel as the extremists and you focus almost entirely on these supposed "Christian fundamentalists"

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
"The War Against Islam"???

what about the "The War of Radical Islam Against the West"??? :confused:

Aqua_lung

Honorary Master
Might as well go back to the first Crusade when Islam was first attacked by the radical West.

STS

Mafia Detective
Islam can be and often is radical. you only have to look at recorded stonings and how islam-run countries cut off the hands of thieves and children. more often, you can even see many muslims carrying posters wishing death to people who oppose it. i wish i could end that kind of islam everywhere. f**k their culture and their beliefs.

then there is the other side to Islam that i read up on books and learnt in philosophy, that of Sufism and similiar paths, and i very much am in love with that kind of islam. i sadly have no muslim friends and no experiences with muslims personally, so i'm not fit to comment on the muslim community in southern africa, but they seem like very wonderful people, the few that i have spoken to.

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
Might as well go back to the first Crusade when Islam was first attacked by the radical West.
so you're suggesting we go back in time 1000 years? :confused:

That would be quite a step back for the Western World which has become considerably more enlightened since then... :rolleyes:

Not much of a change for the Islamic world though. :D

ninj.ga

Karmic Sangoma
Lets not forget the invasion of Islam into India Asia. Millions died. Muslims took joy in building mounds of skulls. Didnt even need anyone in the west or involve them.

Clearly the Hindus were the aggressors as well and had to be slaughtered en-masse.:rolleyes:

In a short space of time all the people in the [Delhi] fort were put to the sword, and in the course of one hour the heads of 10,000 infidels were cut off. The sword of Islam was washed in the blood of the infidels, and all the goods and effects, the treasure and the grain which for many a long year had been stored in the fort became the spoil of my soldiers. They set fire to the houses and reduced them to ashes, and they razed the buildings and the fort to the ground....All these infidel Hindus were slain, their women and children, and their property and goods became the spoil of the victors. I proclaimed throughout the camp that every man who had infidel prisoners should put them to death, and whoever neglected to do so should himself be executed and his property given to the informer. When this order became known to the ghazis of Islam, they drew their swords and put their prisoners to death.

One hundred thousand infidels, impious idolators, were on that day slain. Maulana Nasiruddin Umar, a counselor and man of learning, who, in all his life, had never killed a sparrow, now, in execution of my order, slew with his sword fifteen idolatrous Hindus, who were his captives....on the great day of battle these 100,000 prisoners could not be left with the baggage, and that it would be entirely opposed to the rules of war to set these idolaters and enemies of Islam at liberty...no other course remained but that of making them all food for the sword

Fieldy

Aqua, I support what you have said above and I am a thinking Christian with knowledge of history and I see the wars of aggression against the central asian countries as strategic for the West to exert pressure on Russia, Iran, China, India and other countries.

This strategy is not working for them, and it will cause their collective downfall. This headline for example.

Government gives up hope of more European Nato help in Afghanistan
Defence sources have said that both the US and British governments no longer expect any of Nato's main partner nations to send more troops to serve in southern Afghanistan where the Taliban insurgency is most fierce.

Despite high level lobbying by Gordon Brown, the Prime Minister, and senior diplomats no country has come forward to share more of the war fighting burden being felt by British and US troops in the south of the country.
This debate will go on for a long time, but this latest vietnam of the US and UK will come back to bite the polititians in the future. There is a lot of talk of holding Tony Blair accountable and legal action to be taken against him and his government for getting the UK involved in the War on "mythological" terror.

Especially when it finally comes out that 9/11 wasn't pulled off by a group of saudi hijackers. The BIG LIE will come crashing down.