The War bird and Historic aircraft thread.

gamer16

Honorary Master
From the recent events in the Interesting pictures thread it looks like a number of members share a common interest in the beautiful flying machines of days past.

Lets use this thread to post pictures, video's, articles and have some discussions around the topic.

Subject to change upon request but I'd say lets try and keep things to the cold war era or earlier.

Lupus

Honorary Master
Hey where's the old Sopwith, it's the grandfather to these warbirds ;-)

Lupus

Honorary Master
Can't find decent pics of this Ki-45 Japanese Heavy Fighter.

Decent looking 2 engined heavy fighter, was called the Dragon Slayer :). It packed enough of a punch to take out the B29s

gamer16

Honorary Master
Also another thing I think will be interesting is some proper pictures of their power plants, the web is full of the Merlin but what about the others, and a bit of the other side's planes would be good too, the Nazi's after all had some pretty good ideas with their birds:)

gamer16

Honorary Master
Can't find decent pics of this Ki-45 Japanese Heavy Fighter.

Decent looking 2 engined heavy fighter, was called the Dragon Slayer :). It packed enough of a punch to take out the B29s
Google images will lead you to believe this is the most popular model plane, every second pic:ROFL: wonder if any of these are in flying condition, will scour YouTube for some vids.

smi

Expert Member
Can't upload any of my images, MyBB keeps reporting errors

Lupus

Honorary Master
Google images will lead you to believe this is the most popular model plane, every second pic:ROFL: wonder if any of these are in flying condition, will scour YouTube for some vids.
Yeah I tried to find proper pics of it, I had a model as a kid, stuffed it up by dropping turbs on it :-(

gamer16

Honorary Master
a Messerschmitt Me 264

Struggling to find proper pictures of it.