The War bird and Historic aircraft thread.

Drifter

Honorary Master
Thanks, those are the small ones. Lost a bunch of pics, will post more soon.

greg0205

Honorary Master
Joburg peeps... Heads up. A single engined plane, with a glorious engine note, that looked a lot like a P-51 from the glimpse I got of it, just flew over Randburg.

Did anyone else see it?

Segg

Expert Member
Joburg peeps... Heads up. A single engined plane, with a glorious engine note, that looked a lot like a P-51 from the glimpse I got of it, just flew over Randburg.

Did anyone else see it?
It could very well be Menno Parsons Mustang... There are a few Trojans around as well but they don't fly as often
The thunder mustang crashed last year and I doubt that will be back anytime soon

There's a large fly-in at Nylstroom this weekend, so it could be heading there

This is last years event

5BDB2B02-31EF-438D-8D9C-F590E6C57085.jpeg

greg0205

Honorary Master
It could very well be Menno Parsons Mustang... There are a few Trojans around as well but they don't fly as often
The thunder mustang crashed last year and I doubt that will be back anytime soon

There's a large fly-in at Nylstroom this weekend, so it could be heading there

This is last years event

View attachment 683013
Used to work for a company that imported action cameras and went to a couple of fly-ins... Good fun.

Yeah, whatever it was, that engine sound was something else. Low rumble. Nothing like the buzzing passenger jobbies you see most days... Also, low wing monoplanes are a rarity.

Lupus

Honorary Master
Used to work for a company that imported action cameras and went to a couple of fly-ins... Good fun.

Yeah, whatever it was, that engine sound was something else. Low rumble. Nothing like the buzzing passenger jobbies you see most days... Also, low wing monoplanes are a rarity.
If it was fast, loud and silver it was Menno Parsons who has Mustang Sally.
20170820_131303.jpeg