The Workout and Fitness Thread

syntax

Executive Member
couple months ago was at 96kg and 8% body fat, today i was 88kg and 11.9% body fat. enough to make me cry

How tall are you? 8% at 96Kg is exceptionally good.
I move between 80Kg and 90Kg and I rarely dip below 10% as it is just too much effort and sacrifice.

Ive only been below 8% or so once and I hated it. Not many people outside of those interested in fitness really cared or knew the difference between that and 10 - 12% and the effort it took to get there was just not for me.

I really admire the dedication of those who can sit in single digits for long periods of time

RunningFromFat

I admire any of you that can even maintain body fat% under 15. I'm still a bit skinny fat and my gf likes to bake :/ . What are you guys using to measure? My scale is bull.

WorldWarIII

Expert Member
How tall are you? 8% at 96Kg is exceptionally good.
I move between 80Kg and 90Kg and I rarely dip below 10% as it is just too much effort and sacrifice.

Ive only been below 8% or so once and I hated it. Not many people outside of those interested in fitness really cared or knew the difference between that and 10 - 12% and the effort it took to get there was just not for me.

I really admire the dedication of those who can sit in single digits for long periods of time

im 5'9 . I think its about 178cm . I was toying with the idea of prepping for competition in october. So I was eating right and so on. So it wasnt just fluke. It takes alot of time and effort.

syntax

Executive Member
I admire any of you that can even maintain body fat% under 15. I'm still a bit skinny fat and my gf likes to bake :/ . What are you guys using to measure? My scale is bull.

Used a variety of methods from Dexa scans, calipers and body fat machines.
They all give different results
Currently I used the body fat machines as an indicator. I dont believe the measurement is accurate in terms of BF but it measures accurately each time.

syntax

Executive Member
This high rep programme is really taking it out of me. I am much more fatigued throughout the day and my muscles are tired enough that it is challenging to do the following few days.
Hoping I get some good growth out of it because quite frankly, doing high reps, especially on leg day sucks

InvisibleJim

Expert Member
This high rep programme is really taking it out of me. I am much more fatigued throughout the day and my muscles are tired enough that it is challenging to do the following few days.
Hoping I get some good growth out of it because quite frankly, doing high reps, especially on leg day sucks
A few of months ago I read an article about Mike Tyson bulking up with high rep (and I think high frequency) bodyweight workouts. Good luck.

syntax

Executive Member
A few of months ago I read an article about Mike Tyson bulking up with high rep (and I think high frequency) bodyweight workouts. Good luck.

Yeah I am trying to add a bit more size and overall muscle to my frame. I will then do a strengthening programme after and then return to my normal 8 - 12 rep routine for a long period.

Off topic but I re-watched a Mike Tyson documentary the other day and holy cow he was a machine. Would be interested to know if he took any peds, I remember reading his biography and there was nothing in there about it but he might have had to omit it for certain reasons.

Meister-Man

Expert Member
Off topic but I re-watched a Mike Tyson documentary the other day and holy cow he was a machine. Would be interested to know if he took any peds, I remember reading his biography and there was nothing in there about it but he might have had to omit it for certain reasons.

I heard he was on Halo the day he bit Holyfield's ear.
Would explain the aggression.

syntax

Executive Member
I heard he was on Halo the day he bit Holyfield's ear.
Would explain the aggression.

Geez, I knew about the coke but halo would certainly explain the extreme aggression.
He mentioned it was a lot of frustration that just built up over the fight

InvisibleJim

Expert Member
1628412375788.png
Finally Motivated myself to do a strength workout! Back to basics beginner bodyweight legs workout

Warm up the main set was squats, split squats, calf raises and side leg raises - 10 reps, 10 count hold and 10 'little babies' (pulses) for each exercise.

Did 3 sets then a few minutes jump rope, a set of bird dogs, dirty dogs and 60 count plank as a finisher and finally cool down with a little hip mobility work.