The Workout and Fitness Thread

InvisibleJim

Expert Member
1632045283325.png

Warmup then 3 sets of lower body, 15 reps per exercise - squats, front lunge (each side,) side leg raises (each side, Reverse Lunge into Step Up (each Side.) Finished with a few sets of 30 second planks and some stretching.

cerebus

Honorary Master
My kids lost my copy of Ring Fit Adventure so now I need to start thinking about another form of fitness, or buy it again. I was on the last frickin world too. Not sure whether to run or join a gym, or find some other online at-home workout thing. Apple workouts look pretty appealing but I don't have an AW3.

OnlyOneKenobi

Running World cup starts tomorrow if anyone interested - register and log your usual gps runs.

Gosh, lots of virtual runs lately... already doing "Run Your City" 10K on Friday... I wonder if I can use that, or one of my practice runs as a qualifier for Running World Cup :unsure:

Last edited:

OnlyOneKenobi

Did my 6km and exported from Strava to RWC, seems it will work for my other planned runs as well, so 2 birds with 1 stone for each of those. I'm just not a huge fan of Strava compared to Nike Run Club, but I guess I'll use it for its interconnectedness.

RunningFromFat

Did my 6km and exported from Strava to RWC, seems it will work for my other planned runs as well, so 2 birds with 1 stone for each of those. I'm just not a huge fan of Strava compared to Nike Run Club, but I guess I'll use it for its interconnectedness.
When I export from NRC to STRAVA, the individual KM's are completely wrong lol. I also prefer NRC but do like seeing my friends on strava as well as learning possible routes.

Aghori

Honorary Master
Just abuse methamphetamine for a few months. You will lose ~5kg per month at mininum, depending on dose and interval. Don't be dom though and OD or put your health at risk.

OnlyOneKenobi

When I export from NRC to STRAVA, the individual KM's are completely wrong lol. I also prefer NRC but do like seeing my friends on strava as well as learning possible routes.
Hehe my exports from NRC to Strava get the KM’s, pace, elevation etc right, but Strava sees them as indoor runs, I guess it doesn’t get the GPS data from the exported data.

syntax

Executive Member
Something to be said for working out in summer in the heat. Its awful but at the same time extremely satisfying!
Been enjoying the past few days
Looking forward to the weekend where I can spend a little longer on my routines

syntax

Executive Member
Guys here that are <15% body fat, what do you have for lunch?

I think there are too many factors which may skew the information you get. I have been between 12 and 16% for ages and have been lower than 10 before (i am currently looking at giving this a bash again)

I am not overly obsessive about what I eat and I eat alot.
Lunch is either a fairly large bowl of pasta with mince or chicken.

a general day of eating is below

Breakfast: bowl of cereal and portion of fruit
Post breakfast: Protein smoothie
Pre-lunch: some kind of small snack like biltong, sandwich etc
Lunch: large bowl of pasta, rice or something similar with chicken, beef or mince
Post lunch: Shake / Cup of soup
Dinner: Similar to lunch

I snack in between sometimes with a packet of crisps or something.
I dont eat a lot of sugar but occasionally on weekends will have pancakes or a waffle or something with a bit more snacking

I weight train a minimum of once a day and add a slow plod run between 5 and 10km max or a hiit class.

/EDIT/ the difference between me from 15% to 12% is the snacking of crisps, chocolates etc
The dropping from 12 to 10% is increase in cardio and a drastic drop in calories. It is honestly miserable for me to do and even a small change in adding a chocolate or dairy is noticeable.
Dropping below 10% is just plain hell for me. The calorie drop makes working out unenjoyable, I get moody, lethargy, im hungry all the time. Maybe it could get better if i did it longer, but im just hell to live with at this point.

Current stats: Height 1,77 , weight today was 93,5Kg, BF is about 14% at the moment (Ive got some visible abs, some noticeable cuts and veins, but nothing eye popping)

RunningFromFat

I think there are too many factors which may skew the information you get. I have been between 12 and 16% for ages and have been lower than 10 before (i am currently looking at giving this a bash again)

I am not overly obsessive about what I eat and I eat alot.
Lunch is either a fairly large bowl of pasta with mince or chicken.

a general day of eating is below

Breakfast: bowl of cereal and portion of fruit
Post breakfast: Protein smoothie
Pre-lunch: some kind of small snack like biltong, sandwich etc
Lunch: large bowl of pasta, rice or something similar with chicken, beef or mince
Post lunch: Shake / Cup of soup
Dinner: Similar to lunch

I snack in between sometimes with a packet of crisps or something.
I dont eat a lot of sugar but occasionally on weekends will have pancakes or a waffle or something with a bit more snacking

I weight train a minimum of once a day and add a slow plod run between 5 and 10km max or a hiit class.
Thx for the thorough breakdown, how long are your weight training sessions?

syntax

Executive Member
Thx for the thorough breakdown, how long are your weight training sessions?

Added a bit more info on my post.

Weight training depends on if I am going through a strength or aesthetic / growth routine.
But on average its about an hour. If I am doing a lot of racking type exercises it can take a bit more.
during the strength stages it can go a bit longer because I need more rest between sets but an hour is about normal on average.
I am trying to build bigger arms so current routine is
Chest / Shoulders day 1
Back day 2
Arms day 3
Legs day 4

I do 20 minutes extra legs at home on all days except legs at home.