The Workout and Fitness Thread

6spdmanual

Expert Member
Bolt did a wind assisted 8:97 I believe.
No, he hasn't. I remember seeing that video on YouTube and it was just a lot of "what ifs". That time was achieved by using Bolt's best 20m splits in different races, chopping down time for perfect sprinting conditions (i.e. high altitude and warmer weather), plus wind assistance. That wind assistance number they got was based off some Japanese gameshow Justin Gatlin was on. Gatlin ran 9.45 with tons of massive fans assisting him, a full .5 seconds faster than the best time he ran that year.

In conclusion, if Bolt ran all his best 20m splits in once race (9.57 seconds), was at high altitude and warm weather (-.1 second) and was wind assisted by tons of fans based on Gatlin's effort (-.5) seconds, he could theoretically run 8.97. Still crazy when you think of it though.

Meister-Man

Expert Member
Today I went to gym with the best intentions, felt good, ate well, was well rested but today the barbell humbled me.
Last week's warmup weights kicked my a$$.
So I did some lighter work and called it a day.
Will do another light workout on Friday and then get stuck in again next week.

syntax

Executive Member
Today I went to gym with the best intentions, felt good, ate well, was well rested but today the barbell humbled me.

These days suck, when your body just doesnt want to. Its even worse if mentally you are amped.

syntax

Executive Member
Usually maybe 150 something. Monday and today it has been going high (over my 100%) on the uphills so I have been slowing right down when that happens to let it get back down a little.

How have you measured your max? You should now adjust it to the new max for accurate readings. Are you using a strap or wrist based measurements?
The 220 - age was wildly inaccurate for me when I was younger and the only way to get my max was to do a max test, which is awful.

InvisibleJim

Expert Member
How have you measured your max? You should now adjust it to the new max for accurate readings. Are you using a strap or wrist based measurements?
The 220 - age was wildly inaccurate for me when I was younger and the only way to get my max was to do a max test, which is awful.
Wrist based measurements and yes I'm just going on 220 minus age here. I'm also being extra cautious because my BP has been high and i haven't felt great this week. just back from the docs with new meds so hopefully that will help.

syntax

Executive Member
What pre workout do you guys use?
Ive been searching for something to replace the ryse ones I used

Gave the evolve 3 and 6 a bash the past few days, seem really solid and the price isnt awful.
I dont like a heavy stim feeling and rather like the focus elements which both of these offer in spades.

Anything else I should try?

Meister-Man

Expert Member
Deloading the 2nd half of last week turned out to be a good decision.
Felt energized and strong at the gym today and hit 2 PR's.

6spdmanual

Expert Member
What pre workout do you guys use?
Ive been searching for something to replace the ryse ones I used

Gave the evolve 3 and 6 a bash the past few days, seem really solid and the price isnt awful.
I dont like a heavy stim feeling and rather like the focus elements which both of these offer in spades.

Anything else I should try?
Creatine monohydrate and coffee for me - works great.

But to answer you I really don’t know. I’ve always seen preworkout as a bit of a scam. Just flavoured caffeine with some “benefits”? Lol definitely not for me.

syntax

Executive Member
Creatine monohydrate and coffee for me - works great.

But to answer you I really don’t know. I’ve always seen preworkout as a bit of a scam. Just flavoured caffeine with some “benefits”? Lol definitely not for me.

Fair enough. I get a good focus boost from using them and it makes a difference to my workouts and overall mood. The junk ones are just high stim, which agree is not particularly useful