The Workout and Fitness Thread

syntax

Executive Member
Love HIIT. Hits just right. Personally I find I get the best fitness improvements from it considering I hate doing cardio.

I just cant do cardio without a reason for it. So if I am chasing a ball then I can run for ages, put me on the road and in a few minutes im tired, miserable and hating life.

Classes sometimes fix that for me, because at least there is a vibe or something happening to keep me going, but in all honestly, i just dont like cardio that much anymore

duckgray

I just cant do cardio without a reason for it. So if I am chasing a ball then I can run for ages, put me on the road and in a few minutes im tired, miserable and hating life.

Classes sometimes fix that for me, because at least there is a vibe or something happening to keep me going, but in all honestly, i just dont like cardio that much anymore
Exactly the same. Cycling is even worse. 5 minutes on that stupid seat and you have a numb bum.

AlmightyBender

Executive Member

Exactly the same. Cycling is even worse. 5 minutes on that stupid seat and you have a numb bum.
Hehe and here am I where cycling and road running are my primary and preferred activities. Love doing them. Almost a form of meditation.

But that is all good, as long as we all keep working to our goals I will cheer on anybody doing any activity.

syntax

Executive Member
Hehe and here am I where cycling and road running are my primary and preferred activities. Love doing them. Almost a form of meditation.

But that is all good, as long as we all keep working to our goals I will cheer on anybody doing any activity.

Yeah man. I used to be quite an avid road cyclist but I just had too many incidents that I eventually gave up.
I think I just look for anything where it takes my mind off life for a period of time and I get a reset from it.

Starting up BJJ again as well since I need some kind of physical or competitive interaction. My go to was squash but my body just cant maintain that

InvisibleJim

Expert Member
1638118804145.png

2nd Visit to the gym today. Much quieter on Sunday morning so I could stake out a square on the functional floor and grab the bits of kit I wanted - kettlebell, slam ball and plyo box.

Warmed up on the Elyptical trainer and a couple of dynamic stretches.

Main set was 20 KB Swings, 15 bench dips, 15 Goblet squat with the slam ball, 15 ball slams, 15 KB Rows each side, 15 lateral step ups with knee raise and 30 seconds plank. Finished up with some stretching and a cool down walk on the treadmill (not recorded on the Garmin.)

2 sets was enough for me today but it was good to do a work out like this for the first time in ages

Herr der Verboten

Honorary Master
Spent 2 years going to commercial gym. No progress worth mentioning in lifting PRs.
Switched to home gym April this year. Made more progress in the 7 Months since than the whole 2 years at Virgin active and that was with 4 weeks off due to having covid. The commercial gym in my area is simply too overcrowded to follow a workout plan. Only other option was to drive 40mins each way in traffic to a larger gym.
Saw no point paying to go to a gym if I'm not making progress.
Gym from home is the best investment you can make :thumbsup:

Meister-Man

Expert Member
Placed an order on takealot and needed to spend another R180 for free delivery.
Got this PSN whey protein.
1kg for R199.
Not expecting NPL quality, but other than slightly high carb content, it looks ok.
9a2bc5cafd4ae09a21d38bc938a886b2.jpg

MikeaMatrix

Sunday back day.
Screenshot_20211128-220122_JEFIT.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211128-220255_JEFIT.jpg
    Screenshot_20211128-220255_JEFIT.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 20
  • Screenshot_20211128-220251_JEFIT.jpg
    Screenshot_20211128-220251_JEFIT.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 21
  • Screenshot_20211128-220247_JEFIT.jpg
    Screenshot_20211128-220247_JEFIT.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 19
  • Screenshot_20211128-220243_JEFIT.jpg
    Screenshot_20211128-220243_JEFIT.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 20
  • boxbag.JPG
    boxbag.JPG
    50.1 KB · Views: 21

ajules

Expert Member
Added some cardio into my exercise routine to balance out all the weight training.Definitely added a new dynamic and enjoying it.So it’s now 4 days focused on weight training and 1 day of cardio.Hopefully will assist me in losing those 4kgs of fat I need to get rid of!!

Trying to get back into deadlifts after regressing a bit through a minor injury.Got it back up to 155kg’s for reps.Had an epiphany yesterday where I decided to brace at the top of the movement and the weight literally flew off the floor.Will definitely be testing my 1RM this month.

InvisibleJim

Expert Member
Added some cardio into my exercise routine to balance out all the weight training.Definitely added a new dynamic and enjoying it.So it’s now 4 days focused on weight training and 1 day of cardio.Hopefully will assist me in losing those 4kgs of fat I need to get rid of!!

Trying to get back into deadlifts after regressing a bit through a minor injury.Got it back up to 155kg’s for reps.Had an epiphany yesterday where I decided to brace at the top of the movement and the weight literally flew off the floor.Will definitely be testing my 1RM this month.
HIIT one day a week for 20-40 minutes (total workout including warm up and cool down) should be a good way to spend you cardio - keep it short and very intense and you shouldn't drop much muscle. Give it 100% on the work cycles and you can get several hours of fat burning (EPOC or afterburn effect) after your workout.

What type of Cardio do you like?