The World isnt meant to live together as 1

Boodles

Executive Member

There is just so much kuk going on between cultures throughout the world.

Its happening more and more these days', and it also seems like that we should all go back to where our roots are. Chinese go home, Aussies go home, indians go home, canadians go home, kiwis go home, pakis go home, everyone go home. There we can all go back to our own countries and live our own lives, and view our own tv shows, and travel within our own country, and eat our own food, and so on.

person x insults person z because z interprets it according to how he was brought up, and his beliefs. person x's so called insult, is anything but an insult, and so it goes.

Its like fitting 2 pieces of wood together, one is slightly curvey, and the other is straight with nothches in it - dont fit.

The world as it is, is becoming a much harder, more difficult place to live. Climate change, wars, tyrants, cross cultures.

I wonder what my children will go through in 30 years' time.

Random717

Expert Member
I'd rather everyone just took a step back, and considered that they're dealing with people of different cultures, before taking offense at others actions. Its probably not going to happen, but I personally take that approach, and appreciate meeting people of different cultures and getting exposed to different ways of life. Its what makes life interesting, and someday I'd like my kids to get exposed to it as well..

Nick333

Honorary Master

There is just so much kuk going on between cultures throughout the world.

Its happening more and more these days', and it also seems like that we should all go back to where our roots are. Chinese go home, Aussies go home, indians go home, canadians go home, kiwis go home, pakis go home, everyone go home. There we can all go back to our own countries and live our own lives, and view our own tv shows, and travel within our own country, and eat our own food, and so on.

person x insults person z because z interprets it according to how he was brought up, and his beliefs. person x's so called insult, is anything but an insult, and so it goes.

Its like fitting 2 pieces of wood together, one is slightly curvey, and the other is straight with nothches in it - dont fit.

The world as it is, is becoming a much harder, more difficult place to live. Climate change, wars, tyrants, cross cultures.

I wonder what my children will go through in 30 years' time.
The world wasn't meant to or for anything mate. Your scenario of everyone living happily in there own homogeneous little world is equally unlikely. There will always be those of us who yearn to see the world and meet people who are very different from ourselves.
Besides which, the fact that people will always find differences worth fighting over no matter how similar they might be is why we have the world we have today.

Syndyre

Honorary Master
I think Nationalism is causing a lot of the problems actually. We need to move beyond this to a more accepting society where people don't put so much emphasis on their national identity which by definition excludes others.

Ozymandias

Xenophobia is a state of intolerance. Shut yourself off from the rest of the world and that intolerance will just be turned inwards. This world's diversities are something to be embraced and only the narrow minded would be advocating a "go home" policy.

Debbie

Banned
What a cop-out Boodles!

The world will integrate whether we like it or not. It is up to us to decide violent the process of integration is.

We can try hold off and stall globalisation, but ultimately we will become fully integrated- or destroy ourselves trying to stop it.

The Cosmos

Executive Member
We can try hold off and stall globalisation, but ultimately we will become fully integrated- or destroy ourselves trying to stop it.
We will be destroyed anyway, if we don't try to do anything about it. So, we might as well die trying.

Globalisation and integration are 2 buzzwords for complete destruction of cultural identity and uniqueness. The way the world is going ain't right, so we can do something to stop it.

Debbie

Banned
Oh please please, can we reform our culture?

Cos clearly what we have isn't- and has never- worked. By 'worked' I mean brought peace, harmony and abundance.

The Cosmos

Executive Member
It's not supposed to work. That's why every nation is happiest on their own in their own country. Integration is the worst thing that can happen. Segregation on the other hand brings peace.

Debbie

Banned
It's not supposed to work. That's why every nation is happiest on their own in their own country. Integration is the worst thing that can happen. Segregation on the other hand brings peace.
Thank you Dr Verwoerd (jokes dude, please don't take that seriously :) )

Integration is not the worst thing that can happen. The fear of integration, on the other hand...

The Cosmos

Executive Member
Integration and peace has never been synonumous. History has proven that.
Please care to explain what advantages integration has.

Debbie

Banned
Integration and peace has never been synonumous. History has proven that.
Please care to explain what advantages integration has.
Well, firstly if we accept integration, we can all stop fighting about which 'nation' owns which land.

Integration and peace have not been synonomous not because people have historically embraced integration, but because they have resisted and rejected it. Integration brings with it inevitable change, and people don't want things to change because they don't know how things will change, therefore they fear it and reject it- hence the violence associated with integration.

It is the resistance of integration which causes violence, not the welcoming of it.

Last edited:

The Cosmos

Executive Member
Well, firstly if we accept integration, we can all stop fighting about which 'nation' owns which land.

Integration and peace have not been synonomous not because people have historically embraced integration, but because they have resisted and rejected it. Integration brings with it inevitable change, and people don't want things to change because they don't know how things will change, therefore they fear it and reject it- hence the violence associated with integration.

It is the resistance of integration which causes violence, not the welcoming of it.
This is not true. Integration doesn't work because of the differences between each culture. Each culture feels it's right to own the land. Each culture has it's own way of doing things. It's own set of rules. There's no way that integration can succeed. Integration has been rejected because the people knew it wouldn't work. What will make it work now ? Nothing. There's no fear element here. The only fear that actually exists (in another sense) is the destruction of ones own kind because you are racemixing with someone of another race. And that is my fear.

Besides, you don't see in nature the elephants mingling with the zebras. They may occupy the same territory for a limited period of time, but every species keeps to its' own. That's order, and that's natural.

Debbie

Banned
This is not true. Integration doesn't work because of the differences between each culture.
Yeah.... which is why I'm all for cultural reformation.

Each culture feels it's right to own the land. Each culture has it's own way of doing things. It's own set of rules. There's no way that integration can succeed. Integration has been rejected because the people knew it wouldn't work.
Can I have a homeland for my own personal culture (and anyone who wishes to join me in my culture)? The Kurds also want a homeland, so do the Quebecois, as do many many many other 'nations'. Now where is this land going to come from? I know, let's start a war to determine who can get what land. Because surely I have a right to a homeland which will cater for my own personal culture, right? If not, then how many people do I have to get into my culture before I qualify for land?

Integration can succeed but only if we stop resisting it, stop rejecting it, and revise our cultures so that they work with integration.

What will make it work now ? Nothing.
See above.

There's no fear element here. The only fear that actually exists (in another sense) is the destruction of ones own kind because you are racemixing with someone of another race. And that is my fear.
It is this fear I am referring to. Ergo, we both agree that there is fear.

Besides, you don't see in nature the elephants mingling with the zebras. They may occupy the same territory for a limited period of time, but every species keeps to its' own. That's order, and that's natural.
In nature I also see female spiders eating male spiders. I see animals not covering their genitals. I see dogs licking dogs' bottoms. I see canabalistic animals- that's nature. Do you also propose we eat each other, lick each others' bottoms regularly, and run around naked? .....I am just being facetious because the 'but it's nature!' argument just doesn't fly with me.

And are people of different cultures different 'species' of people? I thought we were all homo sapiens sapiens.

Last edited:

The Cosmos

Executive Member
Yeah.... which is why I'm all for cultural reformation.
You can't reform a culture. A culture already has it's own traits and marks. You can't change that. I get the feeling you are either not culturely inclined/have no sense of culture or you hate your culture.

Can I have a homeland for my own personal culture (and anyone who wishes to join me in my culture)? The Kurds also want a homeland, so do the Quebecois, as do many many many other 'nations'. Now where is this land going to come from? I know, let's start a war to determine who can get what land. Because surely I have a right to a homeland which will cater for my own personal culture, right? If not, then how many people do I have to get into my culture before I qualify for land?
Of course you have the right to a homeland, and to live out who you are. That doesn't mean you have to take elements from the outside and bring them in.

Integration can succeed but only if we stop resisting it, stop rejecting it, and revise our cultures so that they work with integration.
'
Why stop something that is working ?

Is integration succeeding in South Africa towards the way of peace ? Definitely not. It's doing the opposite. Creating more and more conflict and strife. If the blacks had their own land, and the whites had theirs, there would be no problem.

Saying integration can succeed is not only naive but just plain stupid, as you are ignoring the facts of what have been going on in the world since history began.

Neo

Expert Member
Saying integration can succeed is not only naive but just plain stupid, as you are ignoring the facts of what have been going on in the world since history began.
And the way the world's been up to now is acceptable? The genocides, all 'culturally' driven is OK with you?

Change happens over a long period. We've started on the path of integration, and there is no turning back. There will be people who will fight it it and we will loose some identities.

But it's inevitable. Accept it.

(Or you can go a live in Orania....:rolleyes:)

Nick333

Honorary Master
Is xenophobia a topic for philosophical debate? Honest question.

neio

Banned
The world will never integrate as we know it, some culture always wants to be the winner.

Personally I think the Chinese are going to become the dominant force in the world in our children's lifetimes. They dont have short term goals as in the western world, their goals are long term, 50 - 100 years.

The Chinese are sending their kids to South America in droves to learn Spanish and cultivate business relationships. Who in South Africa is doing the same? In fact, who in the world is doing the same?

Rkootknir

Expert Member
Is integration succeeding in South Africa towards the way of peace ? Definitely not. It's doing the opposite. Creating more and more conflict and strife. If the blacks had their own land, and the whites had theirs, there would be no problem.
But see, now you're impacting on my culture (and we can't have that, can we...). I want black and white to live together, for the simple reason that I don't want to travel to another "homeland" to see my GF. :p

Maybe we should start our own country where only interracial couples are allowed? The problem then becomes that we each have to travel to different homelands to see our parents. Then we have to split her parents between two homelands, Xhosa and Zulu. I also have quite a lot of English, Indian and Chinese friends. Should we all live in different homelands since we're from different cultures?

In the end we can have 1 000 000 000 homelands, each with about 6 people living in them.

Sounds like fun? :rolleyes:

[edit]
We should also keep men and women apart. Just think of all the cultural differences that can be avoided by this simple division. eg. "You see babe, I worked 9 hours a day / 5 days a week for this paycheque, so no we're not going to buy some pretty new furniture or that dinky looking Tigra. We are either: 1. going to save it for a humongous LCD or 2. my new M3."

I'm telling you, I'm a f*cking genius. :D

Last edited: