The World isnt meant to live together as 1

The Cosmos

Executive Member
And the way the world's been up to now is acceptable? The genocides, all 'culturally' driven is OK with you?

Change happens over a long period. We've started on the path of integration, and there is no turning back. There will be people who will fight it it and we will loose some identities.

But it's inevitable. Accept it.

(Or you can go a live in Orania....:rolleyes:)
Accept it, on the account of your word, or what's going on in the world ? I choose neither. There's a great word that has come a long way and that is nationalism. Nationalism wether in white, black, indian cultures, makes sure everyone stays the way they are supposed to be. Not everyone are nationalists, but the few will prevail. It's just how it is. Those, who aren't will destroy themselves. You see that's the difference between you and me. You just accept things because of the way things are going. You don't believe you can make a difference if you stand up. There's an old saying: If you don't stand up for something, you will fall for anything.

I choose to fight to the bitter end. Integration is not good. It has never been. The facts don't lie.

simple_simon

Expert Member
If the blacks had their own land, and the whites had theirs, there would be no problem.
are you oblivious to human nature? how long would it take before everyone wanted more land, and how do you get more land? you casually walk to your neighbours and say "hey buddy, i like your land, my government official said that according to "his" historical records it was my great great great great step uncles". so that makes it mine.....give it over peacefully of course.

simple_simon

Expert Member
Nationalism wether in white, black, indian cultures, makes sure everyone stays the way they are supposed to be.
that statement is just absurd, how do you explain america then? a nation of immegrants.

so we're never supposed to evolve socially? thats what you're saying, that petty differences are what should keep us apart.

It's just how it is. Those, who aren't will destroy themselves.
example?

JK8

Banned
You can't reform a culture. A culture already has it's own traits and marks. You can't change that. I get the feeling you are either not culturely inclined/have no sense of culture or you hate your culture.

Of course you have the right to a homeland, and to live out who you are. That doesn't mean you have to take elements from the outside and bring them in.

'
Why stop something that is working ?

Is integration succeeding in South Africa towards the way of peace ? Definitely not. It's doing the opposite. Creating more and more conflict and strife. If the blacks had their own land, and the whites had theirs, there would be no problem.

Saying integration can succeed is not only naive but just plain stupid, as you are ignoring the facts of what have been going on in the world since history began.
People like you are not helping the integration of society, you and a small bunch have this negative view with some hatred for whatever reason.

Its wierd how so many more afluent people I might add have adopted the "new" SA lifestyle.

You just burrying yourself.

The Cosmos

Executive Member
People like you are not helping the integration of society, you and a small bunch have this negative view with some hatred for whatever reason.

Its wierd how so many more afluent people I might add have adopted the "new" SA lifestyle.

You just burrying yourself.
Another uninformed, ignorant, naive (call it what you may) opinion.

noxibox

Honorary Master
Where in the world do we find a pure culture, i.e. one formed in a vacuum with no outside influence?

What most people call culture and tradition is just another name for stagnation.

chiskop

Executive Member
Facts ! Read a bit about what went on before you were born, then you will get a clue.
No, IJ. You're the one who needs to read a little history. The fact is that segregation really didn't work out so well for this country.

(I can't even believe we're discussing this :confused: )

Nick333

Honorary Master
Facts ! Read a bit about what went on before you were born, then you will get a clue.
Oh do you mean when German nationalism got a bit out of hand? Or when Afrikaaner nationalism imploded?
Incedently, the seeds for Afrikaaner nationalism were sown when French and Dutch protestant settlers decided their differences with Catholics of the same race and nationality were to great to overcome.

So there are some facts to support my opinion, why don't you provide a few for yours instead of talking out of your arse.

It's really pointless arguing with some who thinks they know all they need to know and has subsequently closed there mind to any new ideas.

Fact is, you'll never see your Utopian ideal, so sucks to be you.

Last edited:

The Cosmos

Executive Member
Oh do you mean when German nationalism got a bit out of hand? Or when Afrikaaner nationalism imploded?
Incedently, the seeds for Afrikaaner nationalism were sown when French and Dutch protestant settlers decided their differences with Catholics of the same race and nationality were to great to overcome.
Afrikaner nationalism was perfectly healthy from 1948-1966. Segregation succeeded, and all was well with the land.

So there are some facts to support my opinion, why don't you provide a few for yours instead of talking out of your arse.
I provided various facts. Facts you just can't see. Talking out of what ? You are more uninformed than i first thought. The only problem is you don't accept the facts that made up history. You are living in the now, and you think this current integration nonsense is going to succeed when in actual fact it has failed everytime in the past.

It's really pointless arguing with some who thinks they know all they need to know and has subsequently closed there mind to any new ideas.
All my opinions are based on facts. The facts speak for themselves.

Fact is, you'll never see your Utopian ideal, so sucks to be you.
Oh it will come. You just don't know it yet.

The Cosmos

Executive Member
It may have been painful, but past cultural integration did happen. Everywhere, over and over.
Yes it did. The main objective of what everybody wants, peace and tolerance in integration has never succeeded. Some might say the latter has had success, but it's failure far outweighs anything else. Facts don't lie.

noxibox

Honorary Master
That's right facts don't lie. Cultures have been successfully integrated repeatedly ever since humans first walked the earth.

Those who cling to culture at any moment in time cling to the past. How far back shall we go to select the true pure culture we should defend?

JK8

Banned
That's right facts don't lie. Cultures have been successfully integrated repeatedly ever since humans first walked the earth.

Those who cling to culture at any moment in time cling to the past. How far back shall we go to select the true pure culture we should defend?
By keeping your culture you keep your history!
Im Indian ill keep my traditions and beliefs and pass it onto my kids cause one things for sure I wouldnt want them to turn like you!
No culture, no history, you represent and stand for nothing.

noxibox

Honorary Master
So it is your assertion that this culture to which you cling was formed whole, in a vacuum?

So if my ancestors were Vikings I guess I should pass Viking culture onto my children? I wouldn't want to sully it with influences from Saxons, Normans and Romans now would I? Nevermind those Celts. (the specific history is not important)

JK8

Banned
So it is your assertion that this culture to which you cling was formed whole, in a vacuum?

So if my ancestors were Vikings I guess I should pass Viking culture onto my children? I wouldn't want to sully it with influences from Saxons, Normans and Romans now would I? Nevermind those Celts. (the specific history is not important)
Wouldnt it be nice for your kids to know where they came from?
What their ancestors stood for...
Why their noses look the way they do:p

Its something that they should be proud of and wear it on their sleeve!

The Cosmos

Executive Member
By keeping your culture you keep your history!
Im Indian ill keep my traditions and beliefs and pass it onto my kids cause one things for sure I wouldnt want them to turn like you!
No culture, no history, you represent and stand for nothing.
Nice reasoning ! :)

noxibox

Honorary Master
You're talking about history, not preserving cultural practices. Obviously I would tell them what I know of our history. Should I then go back through our ancestry and declare we are Vikings, so from now on we are going to do only things Vikings would do? Our nice pure Viking culture has been sullied by these outside influences all these centuries.

But you have avoided the questions.
How far back are we to go in preserving a culture?
Do you really think your culture was formed in its current form, in a vacuum?

To cling to whatever happens to be current cultural practices is cling to an illusion that these practices came about with no outside influence.

Do you enforce the caste system?