The Xbox One October 2018 update is now available

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
Damn, I was hoping for a new user interface. Can't stand the current one.

PsYTraNc3

Expert Member
Lol, I was about to ask.

But seriously, Xbox owners, from your experience does Xbox get Spring and Autumn updates? Just wondering how it ties into the Windows world if at all.
xbox updates just work :laugh: and can be skipped by going offline.
Very much unlink Windows 10

PsYTraNc3

Expert Member
View attachment 564561

Lol, jokes aside, tell me do you get decent flight sim games on Xbox? That's something I can't find on PS4.
Not really my genre but I have owned an xbox for a couple of years and never saw any flight simulators.
Elite Dangerous should be close enough if you like flying in space :p

Racing sims are more my type

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
Yeah but I enjoy the big screen (TV). Maybe I'll hook my laptop up to the TV and see. Maybe...
My PC has a 46" Samsung LED as a monitor and loads of people connect gaming PCs to their TVs anyway. You can use whatever display and input devices you want.

A laptop can work fine as long as it has suitable specs.

Nobody Important

Executive Member
Elite Dangerous should be close enough if you like flying in space :p
The first game my dad bought me I was a laaitie was I-War (Independence War) from Incredible Connection. It was a couple hundred bucks which was very expensive back then (maybe 20 years ago) and came bundled with a joystick.

Man that game was ahead of its time and the most fun I've had playing any game including games I play now on PS4. I lost the discs years ago but tried downloading a copy of the web, just doesn't work with any new hardware even if you run win 98. And the studio that made it went under, they could have made awesome games with today's hardware capabilities.

Nobody Important

Executive Member
A laptop can work fine as long as it has suitable specs.
Mine doesn't. But maybe in the years to come when my PS4 is heading to the grave, instead of buying a new console I'll spend the money buying a top spec laptop which would also need to be replaced by then.

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
Mine doesn't. But maybe in the years to come when my PS4 is heading to the grave, instead of buying a new console I'll spend the money buying a top spec laptop which would also need to be replaced by then.
Then I don't recommend wasting your time with a laptop that isn't suited to gaming. Gaming laptops in general are incredibly poor value for money. You'd probably save money having a run of the mill workstation laptop and a separate desktop gaming PC.

There's no need to buy into consoles when a new generation hits. I've only just ordered a PS4 Pro Spiderman bundle and it won't take long to catch up the exclusives. And many of the best games are much cheaper now. Uncharted 4, TLoU Remastered, Horizon complete edition are all cheap now. God of War has decent discounts even. Spiderman is included with the console and I've preordered RDR2. That's basically it after all these years.

ponder

Honorary Master
Red Dead Redemption 2 must be the safest preorder of all time. No point saving a few bucks with preorder pricing.
Nobody should preorder any game period. It's not like they gonna run out of the game and you're not saving money preordering. You'll also have to put up with the initial bugs as with gta v.

I'm pretty sure it's gonna be an awesome game though...

Mike Hoxbig

Honorary Master
Nobody should preorder any game period. It's not like they gonna run out of the game and you're not saving money preordering. You'll also have to put up with the initial bugs as with gta v.

I'm pretty sure it's gonna be an awesome game though...
I don't think GTA V had many bugs. At least not the initial console version (on 360/PS3).

The patches brought some minor fixes but they were mostly content related.

Rockstar takes their sweet time releasing a new game for a reason...

kianm

Honorary Master
RED DEAAAAAAAAADDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The update also adds support for Dolby Vision HDR streaming for both the Xbox One X and Xbox One S
On the other hand stuff like this sometimes makes me doubt my choice of going Sony console, they just hold back on too many things that Xbone gets

Lupus

Honorary Master
The first game my dad bought me I was a laaitie was I-War (Independence War) from Incredible Connection. It was a couple hundred bucks which was very expensive back then (maybe 20 years ago) and came bundled with a joystick.

Man that game was ahead of its time and the most fun I've had playing any game including games I play now on PS4. I lost the discs years ago but tried downloading a copy of the web, just doesn't work with any new hardware even if you run win 98. And the studio that made it went under, they could have made awesome games with today's hardware capabilities.
Maybe buy the game instead of trying to pirate it.

https://www.gog.com/game/independence_war_deluxe

https://www.gog.com/game/independence_war_2