The Zapiro Thread

rambo919

Expert Member
The "woke" obsession with finding "patriarchy" (as opposed to actual patriarchy) behind every vaguely male bush.... also preaching aint funny and bad preaching aint informative.... there is no art in this only desperation to seem relevant by pandering to idiots.

STS

Mafia Detective
The "woke" obsession with finding "patriarchy" (as opposed to actual patriarchy) behind every vaguely male bush.... also preaching aint funny and bad preaching aint informative.... there is no art in this only desperation to seem relevant by pandering to idiots.
2 weeks ago I had a woman screaming for help outside my yard, the screams ran right through the bedroom window and the house. I threw on clothes, grabbed a weapon and ran outside to find a boyfriend beating his girlfriend/dragging her on the road.

The guy apologised to me after I screamed at him to stop, saying his girlfriend was being difficult and she deserved it. I called the police but the woman didn't want to press charges, and they only got off with disturbing the peace.

**** like this is common and and treated like it is acceptable(the guy trying to reason with me that it was actually HER fault). He isn't pandering to idiots, he is highlighting an issue as he always does

rambo919

Expert Member
None of that is "patriarchy" though. And not all domestic violence disputes are carbon copies. Sometimes it's like you mention and other times it's not.

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
You are aware that it's meant to be funny and a jab at current affairs and what not...

cerebus

Honorary Master
That's the thing.... there is nothing remotely funny about it.... only cringe.... it's basically a woke dad joke.
Except that two strips earlier he made a joke about using the race/gender/victim card. I think you're taking it all a bit too seriously.

thestaggy

Honorary Master
2 weeks ago I had a woman screaming for help outside my yard, the screams ran right through the bedroom window and the house. I threw on clothes, grabbed a weapon and ran outside to find a boyfriend beating his girlfriend/dragging her on the road.

The guy apologised to me after I screamed at him to stop, saying his girlfriend was being difficult and she deserved it. I called the police but the woman didn't want to press charges, and they only got off with disturbing the peace.

**** like this is common and and treated like it is acceptable(the guy trying to reason with me that it was actually HER fault). He isn't pandering to idiots, he is highlighting an issue as he always does
My uncle relayed a story to me.

Hwas waiting at a fast-food outlet one day for his order. It was in an older suburb so the fast-food joint was right on the sidewalk. He suddenly heard screaming and shouting and when he looked outside he saw a guy pulling a woman around by her hair, throwing her to the ground and ripping her back up by her hair. He ran outside shouting at the guy to stop or he'll hit him. Next minute the woman went for my uncle and told him that it isn't any of his business and he must bugger off. Her language was a lot more colourful than that, but yeah, she was ready to defend the guy while seconds earlier he was abusing her.

STS

Mafia Detective
My uncle relayed a story to me.

Hwas waiting at a fast-food outlet one day for his order. It was in an older suburb so the fast-food joint was right on the sidewalk. He suddenly heard screaming and shouting and when he looked outside he saw a guy pulling a woman around by her hair, throwing her to the ground and ripping her back up by her hair. He ran outside shouting at the guy to stop or he'll hit him. Next minute the woman went for my uncle and told him that it isn't any of his business and he must bugger off. Her language was a lot more colourful than that, but yeah, she was ready to defend the guy while seconds earlier he was abusing her.
It's crazy and is a real problem, that many people think they deserve to be treated that way whether it is how they were raised or that they have nobody else they can rely on to survive