There is a supermassive black hole at the centre of our galaxy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamie McKane

MyBroadband Journalist

ArtyLoop

Executive Member
Maybe they can build a one-way space vehicle and send all our useless politicians into that black hole. Am sure Zuma will wet his pants in glee...

VooDooC

Expert Member
This has been known for a while has it not? I have watched like 2 or 3 documentaries that mention this.

I think it was only theorized, don't think they ever had actual proof?

Emjay

Honorary Master
How is this even closely related to broadband and IT news?

Seems the moderators have been failing quite a lot lately.

ShaunyCT

Most of the stuff about black holes and space is theorized, there is NEVER real proof.
The reason for it is because its all fictional.

RaptorSA

Expert Member
This has been known for a while has it not? I have watched like 2 or 3 documentaries that mention this.

It's more proof. That's how science works. Even Einstein's Theories as still being tested to this day.
Previously the biggest piece of evidence was based on long-term observations on stars orbiting the black hole, which gave us the initial size of the thing.

Last edited:

Emjay

Honorary Master
It's more proof. That's how science works. Even Einstein's Theories as still being tested to this day.
Previously the biggest piece of evidence was based on long-term observations on starts orbiting the black hole, which gave us the initial size of the thing.

The title of the article is incorrect. It should have read: "More proof of supermassive black holes" or "Milky Way black hole larger than expected". But, they had to make it click bait'ey.

IIRC, this is even taught in Science at schools.

Temujin

Honorary Master
Most of the stuff about black holes and space is theorized, there is NEVER real proof.
The reason for it is because its all fictional.
You finished drilling the holes in the dome yet?

ShaunyCT

Previously the biggest piece of evidence was based on long-term observations on stars orbiting the black hole, which gave us the initial size of the thing.
What i mean by fictional is that its blatant lies in this case. When I have time i will show you guys REAL PROOF/EVIDENCE of how they have been lying to us. Earlier this year i believed what you guys believed since the day I could start reading. I use too love all these science and sci-fi movies, series and documentaries. I even told my kids of how big space is and how small earth is in the bigger schemes of it.

It was a shock to my systems when i discovered how wrong I was.

Cray

Honorary Master
What i mean by fictional is that its blatant lies in this case. When I have time i will show you guys REAL PROOF/EVIDENCE of how they have been lying to us. Earlier this year i believed what you guys believed since the day I could start reading. I use too love all these science and sci-fi movies, series and documentaries. I even told my kids of how big space is and how small earth is in the bigger schemes of it.

So what do you believe exactly?

MightyQuin

Not amused...

1541411394595.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.