There's good news - Despite Rain's R250 unlimited off-peak plan ending

Joseph matane

So Rain plan to offer cheaper price plans in line with 5G speeds? That's okay if the new offers are cheaper than older offers, last time fellow member said Rain plan to launch 120GB for R299 pm. That's a good deal if is all anytime data on fixed 5G broadband, then maybe Rain Mobile will have unlimited anytime data on 5G mobile price plan around R350-R550. I seriously think Rain "5G" will come with anytime unlimited data since we all have being calling for it, and I think they can since they have largest spectrum in 3.4-3.6Ghz bands which can be divided into two groups mobile and fixed 5G

Johand

Expert Member
Rain's insistence that wireless is on par with fibre and denying the existence of Shannon's law is a bit like the anti-vaxxers on the internet.

They will do a lot of damage to the market and in the end won't be able to deliver on their promises.

But I am still a customer - it is the perfect service fit my mom which just video calls the grandkids and watch some YouTube quilting videos.

But people who want to binge 4k HDR Netflix will kill towers quick - quick.

ngoni615

r00igev@@r

Executive Member
Rain's insistence that wireless is on par with fibre and denying the existence of Shannon's law is a bit like the anti-vaxxers on the internet.

They will do a lot of damage to the market and in the end won't be able to deliver on their promises.

But I am still a customer - it is the perfect service fit my mom which just video calls the grandkids and watch some YouTube quilting videos.

But people who want to binge 4k HDR Netflix will kill towers quick - quick.
True, a decesion made by in the total absense of even being able to distinguish between a Guinness induced fart or a wireless signal.

Polymathic

Honorary Master
May have something to do with Tyme Bank. Perhaps for those you activate their Sims in store they have to pay via Tyme Bank