Theresa May to resign as PM on 7th June

McT

The Humble Scot!
I don't know much about all this stuff, but why the dislike for her ? tl/dr version please :)
She has been unsuccessful in negotiating acceptable terms for their Brexit. Negotiating failure in the EU and at home. Flogging the same old dead horse over and over trying to get people to agree, May failed. As I see it, a second and urgent referendum is due, if not general elections.

Nigel Farage can reasonably claim he has now brought down two Tory PMs - without having been a MP himself. Astonishing influence. The Brexit Party is scaring the hell out of the Tories.

R13...

Honorary Master
She has been unsuccessful in negotiating acceptable terms for their Brexit. Negotiating failure in the EU and at home. Flogging the same old dead horse over and over trying to get people to agree, May failed. As I see it, a second and urgent referendum is due, if not general elections.
Or the short version is that brexiteers believe she betrayed them by not accepting a hard brexit just so they can get out

AdrianH

Expert Member
And don't forget about her awful dance. She should have resigned after that appalling performance.

greg0205

Honorary Master
Add Windrush, add homelessness, add food banks and add Grenfell, and then yeah...

The only downside to her resignation is the inevitable excrement in human form Tories will serve up next.

General election please.

AdrianH

Expert Member
Add Windrush, add homelessness, add food banks and add Grenfell, and then yeah...

The only downside to her resignation is the inevitable excrement in human form Tories will serve up next.

General election please.
Boris Johnson?