These are the companies President Ramaphosa has owned

Hanno Labuschagne

Journalist
Staff member
These are the companies President Ramaphosa has owned

Cyril Ramaphosa is not only the South African President — he is also one of the wealthiest people in the country, with an estimated wealth of R6.6 billion.

To understand how Ramaphosa amassed such extraordinary wealth, it is important to look at his political history and time as a business tycoon.

Matamela Cyril Ramaphosa was born in Soweto on 17 November 1952 and matriculated from Mphaphuli High School in Sibasa, Venda, in 1971.

Bighit

Expert Member
So does he own them, or he is a shareholder? Genuine question in light of the naspers article yesterday.

rvZA

Executive Member
As part of the compensation to all cadres in 1994, all of them simply received percentage shares of companies, board seats and limited ownership. Not a single one of them worked on the companies and none of them achieved any successes other than getting paid hundreds of millions of Rands each month, some likely closer to the billions of Rands.

rvZA

Executive Member
If he is worth 6.6 billion zar then why cant he also donate 1 billion like Rupert did?
Huh?
Fokken useless President, Tsek

Because, Rupert is actually a real businessman who knows how to run a business. If he donates R1bn today, by this evening his businesses would have generated that amount, with interest, and pay it back in his account. On the other hand, these guys rely on BEE laws and underhanded threats and corruption, to share in company ownership. These companies are generating less income now thus their loot is declining. They can't afford to donate as they will likely never make donations up again.

TelkomUseless

Honorary Master
If he is worth 6.6 billion zar then why cant he also donate 1 billion like Rupert did?
Huh?
Fokken useless President, Tsek
Boggles my mind he is this rich... but his voters do live in squalor.

Weirdly how he doesn't want to help them...you would almost say he doesn't give a fck. Sounds like all these other cadres with their hands in the cookie jar.

Pineapple Smurf

Pineapple Beer Connoisseur
Boggles my mind he is this rich... but his voters do live in squalor.

Weirdly how he doesn't want to help them...you would almost say he doesn't give a fck. Sounds like all these other cadres with their hands in the cookie jar.
It's what all billionares do when they're that rich
It is about Power
Like Trump for example
They wake up one day and think What next can I do? I know, I will run for Presidency

LOL