These are the most-watched series on Showmax

Bradley Prior

MyBroadband Journalist
Staff member
Super Moderator
These are the most-watched series on Showmax

Showmax has published a list of the most popular series on its platform for 2019, along with viewer data from over the holiday season.

The company found that South Africans collectively viewed more than 100 years’ worth of video on Showmax over Christmas and New Year.

cr@zydude

Executive Member
I would have thought that The Girl From St Agnus would have been higher up. It was a decent show and a much better Showmax original than Tali's Wedding Diary.

Lupus

Honorary Master
I would have thought that The Girl From St Agnus would have been higher up. It was a decent show and a much better Showmax original than Tali's Wedding Diary.
I think it's because it was released a year ago now. I also actually didn't mind it, heard some people moaning that the accents were too put on. It's a posh Durban boarding school, it's the accents those people put on from what I remember meeting a few of them back in the day.

rambo919

Executive Member
Chernobyl is a must see series!
Liked it too until I saw how they dramatized it too much, compressed the timeline and condensed large groups of people too easily into single characters for the sake of personal drama..... they completely caricatured events.

Method

Executive Member
Liked it too until I saw how they dramatized it too much, compressed the timeline and condensed large groups of people too easily into single characters for the sake of personal drama..... they completely caricatured events.
It was a good series...we all know what happened.

rambo919

Executive Member
It was a good series...we all know what happened.
Production value wise yes but I can see why the russians were irritated by it. In many ways it was completely misrepresentative. If you have to insult someone at least do it accurately.